Help with "Glue"

4xcruise

Hi all/anyone,

Going on a cruise (New Cal and Vanuatu) with the family later part in the year. Love to do some snorkling. New prescription snorkling mask is about $150 from shop. Have an old Mask that I can glue used prescription glasses on. Anyone here knows or have any idea what I can use? I am

thinking of using clear Aquarium type silicone sealant.

Helppppppp! Thanks

4xcruise.

ps: This is such a great forum with so many helpful cruisers. Thanks a bunch.

Can't help with the glue question either I'm afraid. I don't know how well it would work. The glasses may not end up the correct distance from your eyes once they were in the mask.

I normally wear glasses, but have some disposable contact lenses for snorkeling and so on. They're not very expensive, although as I got mine years ago I can't really remember the exact price. The good thing is that it doesn't matter if one gets lost.

LOL hubby did just this....used silicone that can be used in water to attach his.

Just takes a little bit getting them positioned right, remembering that you will be face down when you do stick 'em down.

He went to the optometrist and the disposable contacts were going to be really expensive for the one day he wanted to use them.

Lynda

Hi I wouldnt suggest the specs being siliconed onto a mask, as if they come off it is an expensive option, what I would suggest is disposable contacts they are a much cheaper option about $96 for a 3month supply, or as another cc suggested you can get swimming goggles ready made that isnt to expensive. I work for an optical company so there are lots of options out there so I suggest he goes into any reputable optical company and they should be able to advise him hope this helps :D

Hmm - I need to wear glasses for distances - no need for reading. But I have found that when snorkelling , everything was OK. Ae you sure you will need glasses underwater - have you tried it withouth them.

I am not saying that being underwater is any different to normal - I don't know - all I know is that I badly need glasses normally, but had no problem looking at the fishies whem snorkelling.

Barry

Hi all/anyone,

Going on a cruise (New Cal and Vanuatu) with the family later part in the year. Love to do some snorkling. New prescription snorkling mask is about $150 from shop. Have an old Mask that I can glue used prescription glasses on. Anyone here knows or have any idea what I can use? I am

thinking of using clear Aquarium type silicone sealant.

Helppppppp! Thanks

4xcruise.

ps: This is such a great forum with so many helpful cruisers. Thanks a bunch.

Hold them in place with duck tape! ;)

Got a couple of pics of hubbys mask, not real clear but you get the idea.

We laugh about his "silly" idea but boy it worked. :)

Don't silicone the whole lense just a couple of spots around the edge, just enough to hold 'em in place.

Hope it works for you :)

Lynda

Image2-2.png

Image1-1.png

Archived