He's gonna think I'm nuts!

VanillaCruiser

So I got up a big head of steam today, called the Cruise Consultant at NCL and booked us on the Star 9232 for next August using our Cruise Rewards. I also added pre and post cruise hotel. When I got the confirming EMail I realized we were in the Doubletree; we'd rather be in the Sheraton or Hyatt, so 10 minutes later I called back to change. Now after spending all evening looking at photos, I'm not so sure about my choice of ship/cabin -- I didn't realize the AE Penthouses were "themed". No offense if this is what you like, but it isn't what we're looking for. I think I really want to stick with the Pearl, and so does DH. Now tomorrow I have to call back and change the whole danged thing!:o :o This guy is gonna think I'm nuts!!! Please tell me I'm not the only one to have ever done this!:o

So I got up a big head of steam today, called the Cruise Consultant at NCL and booked us on the Star 9232 for next August using our Cruise Rewards. I also added pre and post cruise hotel. When I got the confirming EMail I realized we were in the Doubletree; we'd rather be in the Sheraton or Hyatt, so 10 minutes later I called back to change. Now after spending all evening looking at photos, I'm not so sure about my choice of ship/cabin -- I didn't realize the AE Penthouses were "themed". No offense if this is what you like, but it isn't what we're looking for. I think I really want to stick with the Pearl, and so does DH. Now tomorrow I have to call back and change the whole danged thing!:o :o This guy is gonna think I'm nuts!!! Please tell me I'm not the only one to have ever done this!:o

I do want to let you know that we have sailed twice in the Star's 9232 and it is a VERY nice room. It isn't decorated at all like what you see on NCL's website. We found it very tastefully decorated. Not with all the wild colors you think it will be. And believe me.. I AM VERY picky about hotel rooms, cruise staterooms, etc.

themed? :confused:

Somewhere on my endless search for photos of 9232 I ran across a post that said all the AE's on the Star were decorated according to different themes; i.e., zebra, art deco, Versace and I forget what else. They also said that 8170 and 9232 were Versace and were identical. The photo I saw of 8170 was gold and black, with a red print bedspread and bright blue bolster pillows.

I do want to let you know that we have sailed twice in the Star's 9232 and it is a VERY nice room. It isn't decorated at all like what you see on NCL's website. We found it very tastefully decorated. Not with all the wild colors you think it will be. And believe me.. I AM VERY picky about hotel rooms, cruise staterooms, etc.

I can't find pictures of it anywhere. Is it still the gold/black with blue carpeting and red/cream spread or has it been changed with the implementation of 2.0?

I can't find pictures of it anywhere. Is it still the gold/black with blue carpeting and red/cream spread or has it been changed with the implementation of 2.0?

No more bed spreads as of 2.0. I do remember the room being mostly golds and blacks and the carpet is a darker blue.

Thanks, Terry and Doug. I tossed and turned about this most of the night (OCD at it's finest!:rolleyes: )and this morning I called and upgraded to AC 9500. Prior to booking this trip I had looked at Princess land and sea, so by way of rationalization I told myself it's still not as much as we would have spent for the Princess trip! Thanks, everybody who responded. This board is invaluable when planning a cruise :) .

Thanks, Terry and Doug. I tossed and turned about this most of the night (OCD at it's finest!:rolleyes: )and this morning I called and upgraded to AC 9500. Prior to booking this trip I had looked at Princess land and sea, so by way of rationalization I told myself it's still not as much as we would have spent for the Princess trip! Thanks, everybody who responded. This board is invaluable when planning a cruise :) .
Hey, I've been in that suite. I have LOTS of photos of it, just click the link in my signature! We loved that suite.

And on reading the posts that followed my earlier questioning of the "themed" cabins, I now remember that they do have some animal print decor, and you'll see the same decor in the Carousel Lounge. I have no idea what you'd call the print in 9500, but I think the folks next door might have had the zebra print. Anyway, the decor is so understated that you'll forget about it within five minutes of walking in the door -- just like I did!

Not that I want to contribute to your OCD :o .... but, if you ever get an opportunity to book another CruiseTour (land and cruise) ... DO IT! It's an incredible experience. It's so much more than the 7-day cruise ... but IT IS SO WORTH EVERY PENNY!

Cruise More Often: I recall seeing your pictures in one of my searches -- they were the ones that put me over the top for this stateroom.

Bennett's Cruise: Don't tempt me!!:D

I really envy you going to Alaska in that cabin! You are going to feel like you're on the top of the world, and you will see everything! DH and I love the aft cabins, too, but 9500 was my favorite. He still dreams about the AB, but I liked the AC even better (location, location, location).

Archived