All things Navigator please.....

karkee07

I haven't stayed in 8586 but I've stayed in 8580. You will love the location. This is our favorite area on the ship because it is about halfway between the aft and forward centrums so it is really easy to get around the ship. Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for the input! We are first timers but that is one reason we decided on that area of the ship. We are very excited!

We'll be on the NOS leaving Ft. Lauderdale on Dec 1 to Cozumel and Belize.

Has anyone stayed in room 8586 or another room in that area? Does it seem to be convenient to stairs/elevators and other important areas of the ship?

thanks in advance for the info.

I'm taking my family on this same cruise. My wife and I were on the Navigator (same Intinerary) last February and had a great time! Normally, we stay toward the AFT section of the ship. This time around we are on Floor 6th forward. 8586 appears to be middle of the ship equal distance between the forward and aft elevators.

Anyone know which is beter, chops or Portofino?

When is formal night on the 5 nighters.

We are booked in 1310, anyone ever stayed in that one? Is noise an issue?

Thanks,

Big Al

Why choose? Go to both :D

Chops and Portofino's are both very good and well worth the charge. My personal favorite is Chops, but I'm a steak kind of guy. You will receive excellent service regardless of which one you choose.

Formal night is on the 2nd night (At Sea).

• 1 month later...

the BF and i are on the 3/23 sailing to cozumel and belize. can't wait! we booked one of the interior promenade cabins, which will be interesting to see... just couldn't afford a balcony cabin this time around but like the idea that we'll still have stuff to look at out the window. :)

hi karkee07

just returned from a 12 night cruise on -board the navigator

the ship was really beautifull and very well kept the staff work very hard ,our cabin was a balcony on the 8th floor very nice lots of space and a great bed !! we had a table for two in the nutcracker , great service and i enjoyed the food our waiter was andy, we also ate in the portofinos $20 each and chops $25 each the food was fantastic and worth the extra money great shows and the ice show was a reall treat .lots of other bars something for everyone i would say we also used roomservice a few times again good service the self service buffet had everything you could ask for never saw anyone going hungry !!! you will love this ship any questions just ask and i will try to answer for you , have fun i am sure you will :D

Are there any midnight buffets? I was just reviewing some awesome pictures of Navigator of the Seas and there were several pictures of trays of food, very large trays and the food looked almost to good to eat.....beautiful cakes and all....it must be to eat because they wouldn't waste all of that food....but I did not see any plates, napkins or anything. I'm wondering if this was the midnight buffet and they were just setting it up. Also do they still put the day of the week on the floor in the elevators? One more question....do the rooms show wear and tear or are they in good shape? We are sailing on Mar 14......have you heard what they will be doing to the ship when it goes into dry dock this month, besides fix the stabilizers and change out the tanks that are causing brown water problems, especially on the 8th floor which is where my cabin is located. Oh and just one more question.....this will be our first time doing the late dining time, will we have time to see the shows.....I'm worried that maybe we should have stuck with the early dining time. Any and all answers will be much appreciated.....thanks.

Are there any midnight buffets? I was just reviewing some awesome pictures of Navigator of the Seas and there were several pictures of trays of food, very large trays and the food looked almost to good to eat.....beautiful cakes and all....it must be to eat because they wouldn't waste all of that food....but I did not see any plates, napkins or anything. I'm wondering if this was the midnight buffet and they were just setting it up. Also do they still put the day of the week on the floor in the elevators? One more question....do the rooms show wear and tear or are they in good shape? We are sailing on Mar 14......have you heard what they will be doing to the ship when it goes into dry dock this month, besides fix the stabilizers and change out the tanks that are causing brown water problems, especially on the 8th floor which is where my cabin is located. Oh and just one more question.....this will be our first time doing the late dining time, will we have time to see the shows.....I'm worried that maybe we should have stuck with the early dining time. Any and all answers will be much appreciated.....thanks.

Show times are adjusted according to the entertainment being provided and the dining times. Often those with late dining attend the show before dinner. Showtimes are posted daily in the Compass. There is usually one late buffet which features the wonderful work of the chefs and their teams; after people have had the opportunity to view and take pictures, the buffet is then presented for consumption.

We will be on the ship both pre-and post-drydock; it will be interesting to see what, if any, changes we note.

It is a lovely ship, have a great cruise.

Kathy:)

I'm sailing on the Navigator in March to Belize and Cozumel. I've never been on Navigator, but I've been on Mariner and they are sister ships with the same layouts. I last sailed on Mariner in August of 08. One thing I can say for sure, is that if you want a chair by the pool area, get there early, especially on Sea Days. You can put a towel down to save your seat, and opposite of popular belief, ship staff don't come around and take towels. There was no midnight buffet on Mariner and I've been told that they don't do them on Navigator either. The main dining room was beautiful, and I ended up eating at Chops, Portofino and Johnny Rockets, as well as the buffet a few mornings. I did the mystery dinner theater at Portofino and had a blast. They give you free champagne and hor'durves. The royal promanade gets crowded at night, especially when they do parades. I beleive they did 2 on the Mariner, but that was a 7 night cruise, whereas I'm doing a 5 nighter on Navigator. If your looking for a quiet outdoor area on the ship to relax, the helipad is the place for you, however when the ship is moving, its rather windy and its in direct sunlight.

I have alot more info I can give, so just ask. :-)

Archived