Inside stateroom, upper and lowers, NOISEY?

happy cruzer

Hi, I am thinking of booking a guaranteed inside stateroom with upper and lowers. My main concern is will this be in a noisey area of the ship? Do the folks that pick this configuration tend to be late nighters? Any experienced reports would be helpful.

Also any reports on upgrades from these cabins? If it helps, I'm currently looking at Ecstasy.

Thank you.

Hi, I am thinking of booking a guaranteed inside stateroom with upper and lowers. My main concern is will this be in a noisey area of the ship? Do the folks that pick this configuration tend to be late nighters? Any experienced reports would be helpful.

Also any reports on upgrades from these cabins? If it helps, I'm currently looking at Ecstasy.

Thank you.

They are located throughout the ship depending on the ship class. They are not in a noisy part of the ship. Most people who pick them are those traveling solo or are wanting to save money.

I have usually booked 1A GTY's and have yet to have to spend a night in one. But now that Carnival has done away with booking GTY's with the Military discount, I will be forced to have to pick a cabin.

Dave

my last cruise on the ecstasy i had a inside upper lower no noise at all .i travel by my self i had share a upperand lower inside cabin . the only problem i had its get so dark in the room if you in the upper bunk and you get up to use the rest room dont miss the ladder like i and land on my roommate .it was not afun fall.lol leave the bathroom light on with door close so you can see your way to the bathroom.

my last cruise on the ecstasy i had a inside upper lower no noise at all .i travel by my self i had share a upperand lower inside cabin . the only problem i had its get so dark in the room if you in the upper bunk and you get up to use the rest room dont miss the ladder like i and land on my roommate .it was not afun fall.lol leave the bathroom light on with door close so you can see your way to the bathroom. :)

On our last cruise this past May on the Glory, we had, what we thought was one of the best cabins on all of our cruises. It was the lowest category 1A which they state has uppers & lowers, which they do. However, there are some of those categories that have 1 lower and one sofa pull out. There was SO much room in that cabin plus it has 2 port holes. They are in the bow of the ship but I plan on trying to book that type of room for all of our future cruises. Check it out, you won't be sorry!

On my last cruise on the Triumph i was in an inside cabin on the Riviera deck and there was no noise at all, it was actually very quiet. I slept very well and I tend to be a light sleeper. I don't see the fuss that most people make about room upgrades, i'd rather spend my $$ on excursions and tours.

Go for the inside, you won't regret it.

Yes, this cabin is the lowest 1A I believe. It does have 2 portholes. I think we were in room 1212. Go to around page 6 or 7 of these boards and there's a post that says something like "Glory inside rooms...larger". Someone pasted a link to a picture of the room, 1211 I think. It shows exactly what the room is like. Not upper and lower, but 1 lower and 1 sofa pullout. With our room, the sofa stayed made up as a bed the whole week. Good luck and definitely find the thread with the photo.

Archived