Bus Livorno to Pisa

As an alternative to the train between Livorno & Pisa, which we have found to be very crowded on a couple of occasions, we found a bus and I have attached a copy of the leaflet listing the times. It is a nice air conditioned coach and leaves from the side of Livorno cathedral, just across the square from the shuttle bus drop off point, and took about 45 minutes to Pisa station. It cuts out the bus to Livorno station but you still need to get the bus in Pisa (now called "Lam Rosso") to the leaning tower (the stop is called "Piazza Miracoli").

Just another alternative for anyone interested in doing Pisa.

1572114402_PisaBusTimetable.jpg.4340e38779aaf2e5adb4ee8b39716c9c.jpg

i was in livorno ,2 weeks ago and when we left the shuttle bus from the ship ,there was a small kiosk at the right site of the bus stop.

They were selling bus tickets to Pisa for €10 retour.And in Pisa ,they let you out on a parking place,only 5 minutes walking from the leaning tower.Very convenient!They were driving about every 45 minutes .We had the bus from 10.00 am and the drive was +/- 20 minutes.

burny

As an alternative to the train between Livorno & Pisa, which we have found to be very crowded on a couple of occasions, we found a bus and I have attached a copy of the leaflet listing the times. It is a nice air conditioned coach and leaves from the side of Livorno cathedral, just across the square from the shuttle bus drop off point, and took about 45 minutes to Pisa station. It cuts out the bus to Livorno station but you still need to get the bus in Pisa (now called "Lam Rosso") to the leaning tower (the stop is called "Piazza Miracoli").

Just another alternative for anyone interested in doing Pisa.

Many thanks for the info. How much was the trip? One way or return?

Burny, we also saw the 10 euro trip advertised from the kiosk, which is a good deal for anyone who does not want to be bothered with buses.

Bobal, the fare was 2.30 euros which is each way. You buy the tickets from the little office to the left of the cathedral, right by the bus stop in Livorno and there was a bus office in Pisa so I expect they sell them for the return, or I think you can pay the driver but it might be a few cents more. In fact we came back by train as the times were better for us. The train fare was 1.80 euros plus a euro for the bus fare at the Livorno end, so really nothing in it for price. The train of course is much quicker (about 15 mins) but by the time you wait a bus and get back to the Piazza Grande there is probably not much difference in time either. The train was fine mid-afternoon but I expect later in the day there would have been no hope of a seat. The time before we stood all the way back from Florence and it was like a cattle truck !

Archived