Swimsuit mishaps

Corvette Girl

Several years ago we were in the hot tub on the Grand Princess, a much older couple got in, I would say they were in their 70's. Their swimsuits matched...aww how cute...except that they were probably bought at least 20 years (and 30 lbs) ago. His was "barely there"...where is that eyeball bleach? and hers was trying really hard to cover her ummm, modesty, and failing. Whew, that hurt to even remember. :)

My swimsuit mishap didn't happen on a ship - but not one I'll ever forget. I was working at a place with mostly men, I was young, in my 20's. The company rented a large boat for the day for all the employees. Everyone could bring spouses, if they wanted. I didn't have one, so went alone. I was feeling pretty darn good about myself, I had bought a new swim suit that I just loved - it was white, with a large red and blue zipper that went from the bust - way down below my belly button. Loved it - and kept it zipped all day! ;) Anyway, I was showing off and diving off the boat, swimming, then I'd lay out in the sun, then repeat the thing over and over. Some of the wives were looking at me strangly but I thought they were just jealous of how I looked. Well, after doing it about 3-4 times, I went into the bathroom, and to my horror while looking in the mirror, I saw that my swim suit was completely see through - I could have just about died. I didn't have a towel with me, so I crept out of the bathroom, to find my towel, quickly grabbed it and my clothes, and made my way back to the bathroom. I came out dress and could hardly look at anyone for the rest of the day. I'm sure there were some wives who thought I had done it on purpose. Every time I think of it now, I just laugh, close my eyes and shake my head!!! My DD, who is 38, just loves the story! That's probably why I hate swim suits so much now!

Girlfriend gave me a metal thong bikini to wear on my honeymoon in Mexico.

Was laying out by pool with new hubby and forgot to take into account that metal is a conductor ....of heat. Add in scalding hot Mexican sun and you get the picture.

Started screaming in pain, "HOT! HOT! HOT! HOT! HOT! HOT! HOT! HOT! HOT!" jumped into the pool to cool down my skin and skittered my way back to the room to change.

I think the bikini has rusted at this point.

Archived