Swimsuit mishaps

Corvette Girl

Ok, we heard about wardrobe and dining room mishaps... any good swimsuit mishaps to report?

None for me, but I once saw a larger size woman sunning herself on deck, and she didn't realize that one of the girls slipped out of her top. I did let her know, and she was sorely embarrassed.

Another time my husband was walking out of the water towards the beach, and I yelled that his "little thingie was hanging out". Heads whipped in his direction. (The little plastic key pouch was hanging out of his trunks) I never even realized what that implied until my DH pointed it out to me.

Ok, we heard about wardrobe and dining room mishaps... any good swimsuit mishaps to report?

None for me, but I once saw a larger size woman sunning herself on deck, and she didn't realize that one of the girls slipped out of her top. I did let her know, and she was sorely embarrassed.

Another time my husband was walking out of the water towards the beach, and I yelled that his "little thingie was hanging out". Heads whipped in his direction. (The little plastic key pouch was hanging out of his trunks) I never even realized what that implied until my DH pointed it out to me.

Thank God, none for me either. But I'd be the first person to die of embarassment and would need to be carried off the boat by hubby!

I ordered a bathing suit from Ann Taylor Loft, and I will never purchase a bathing suit from there again. I was at sailaway on my Imagination cruise in May 2007, and all of a sudden, the bikini top just popped open:eek:. I figured I improperly secured it, adjusted everything, and went on my way. The fourth day, a sea day, I was wearing the same suit. I was at the pool on my stomach, and when I got up, the bathing suit popped open again, but this time the little plastic fastener broke off and shot across Lido:eek:. I tied it together and went to my cabin to change into another suit. Of course, later on I ran into some guys that saw the whole thing and thanked me for the shoe:rolleyes: :o.

When I got home, I bought a metal fastener and fixed it. I wore it all summer with no issues. Then, on my October 2007 Valor cruise, one of the sliding strap adjusters broke when I was getting back on the ship from St Martin. I gave up at that point.

On a Windjammer cruise we had a very obnoxious 80 + year-old-man who thought he was hot stuff. He, too, wore elastically-challenged speedos which showed everything--and I do mean everything. It was horrific and yet so hard not to ignore. It's still imprinted on my brain years later! I've also seen an extremely heavy older man in a thong bathing suit on the beach. Yipes!

When I was 17 and dating my now-husband, we went to the pool with my parents. I had a new Newport News gold metallic 1-piece swimsuit on. We all went into the hot tub for a while. When I stood up to get out, my bathing suit turned completely transparent so everything showed! My mom threw me a towel pretty quickly but I was totally embarrassed. So now I try on my bathing suits wet before wearing them anywhere, and mostly stick to black ones.

On a Windjammer cruise we had a very obnoxious 80 + year-old-man who thought he was hot stuff. He, too, wore elastically-challenged speedos which showed everything--and I do mean everything. It was horrific and yet so hard not to ignore. It's still imprinted on my brain years later! I've also seen an extremely heavy older man in a thong bathing suit on the beach. Yipes!

Poke my mind's eyes out!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

On a beach excursion in St. Thomas, I was sunning on the beach while DH was snorkeling. I had on a bathing suit top with one of those sort of S shaped closures, which snapped. I had absolutely no way of securing my top (a safety pin would have come in handy). Luckily I had a sarong-type coverup that I was able to adapt until we got back to the ship.:D

we were sailing on the carnival liberty last oct with another couple. the young lady had on a two piece binki we were on our way to coki beach and pop went the swim suit top:eek: ... so quick thinking we had our lanyards with a mental do hicky and i attached to her swim suit .. it lasted the whole rest of the trip to the beach and back to the ship... now my friend calls me mcguyer... ;)

steph

I would like to share two swimsuit experiences with you all...but have to be careful how I word them since I would not want to get in trouble with the CC Board Police...so...here goes...I don't think it is any worse than talking about seeing one or two of the girls pop out...LOL

I was on a singles group cruise and there was this very professional looking attractive woman from the west coast in our group and I would say her age was bout 34 to 35...in casual clothes she looked great...however when you saw her at poolside sunning or walking around in her bathing suit...well she did not look so great...it was quite obvious that she did not believe in waxing, trimming or shaving her bikini area and she was the type of woman who really needed to...at least for wearing a bathing suit...as a result, her "forest" was exposed to the sunlight when wearing a bathing suit.

Final story is the complete opposite...was on a different cruise and on deck when pulling into a port in the Caribbean as were most of the other passengers...it was morning...anyway there appeared to be a young married couple who I bet were on their honeymoon standing by the rail taking in the scenery...problem was that all the passengers were taking in the scenery that the young woman presented rather than the island we were approaching...you see she was wearinng a short black sheer bathing suit cover-up but forgot to wear her bathing suit! It was quite obvious to all that contrary to the other story, this young lady did not have any personal grooming problems!

Hope y'all enjoyed these two stories...they are both true....and hope the CC Police don't bounce me for sharing them...I tried to be politicially corrent in the way I described the situtations...LOL:)

• 1 month later...
On a beach excursion in St. Thomas, I was sunning on the beach while DH was snorkeling. I had on a bathing suit top with one of those sort of S shaped closures, which snapped. I had absolutely no way of securing my top (a safety pin would have come in handy). Luckily I had a sarong-type coverup that I was able to adapt until we got back to the ship.:D

Hi there...A real problem when they break, but really easy for sunning when you want to make sure you don't have the strap marks across your back!;) Which it looks like you didn't!!:D Ahh, I've been working on my tan all day today!:rolleyes:

I do remember the time a few years back when I had a two piece and the top tied around the neck and the bust, oh what a disaster that was!! Thankfully I lost it while I was in the water!:eek: Never again would I buy one of those!:D

Let's say swimming with dolphins whilst wearing a bikini is not a good mix...

I was happily getting pushed out of the water by two dolphins - hands in the air and bikini bottoms round my ankles :o :eek:

Were the professional photographers around????:eek::D

As an art major in college, I had many figure drawing classes, both male and female.

One of the male models was wearing a thong type thing that, for the time, was rather risque but is considered a swim suit by today's standards.;)

The model was sitting and had to change positions. When he did, the thong went to the new position but the contents didn't. The students were in a circle around the model so only a select few saw the goods, which was myself and a friend.:eek:

Now the question, do we follow the professor's constant reminder to draw what we REALLY see not just what we THINK we see?:p

As an art major in college, I had many figure drawing classes, both male and female.

One of the male models was wearing a thong type thing that, for the time, was rather risque but is considered a swim suit by today's standards.;)

The model was sitting and had to change positions. When he did, the thong went to the new position but the contents didn't. The students were in a circle around the model so only a select few saw the goods, which was myself and a friend.:eek:

Now the question, do we follow the professor's constant reminder to draw what we REALLY see not just what we THINK we see?:p

I think this could be an exception to that rule!

Because if you're wearing a bikini and and a life vest, when you fall off your skis the water pushes under the vest and forces your bikini top up. A fact you're not likely to discover until you've removed the vest. :eek:

Been there, done that much to the amusement of a teenage boy and his dad who were sitting on the dock.

Archived