Pacific Dawn Questions

OverTheTop

Hi totally new to cruising and I am already obsessed! A few questions that relate specifically to the Pacific Dawn.

• Can you buy an unlimited soft drink package for the length of the cruise? (for the kids) I have seen posts elsewhere that mention this for other cruise lines.
  • If you book your next cruise on Pacific Dawn whilst on board do you save money? Is it worthwhile?
  • Do people in Australia get into the door decorating thing?
  • Do families in Australia use Walkie Talkies? Are you outcasted as annoying if you use them?
  • How much are drinks?
  • Do the top bunks/beds have safety rails? Are they suitable for kids? Can you fold the beds away when not in use or are they down permanently?
  • If anyone can send me any menu's or drink lists it would help fester my new obsession even more and I'd be in heaven.
  • My email is amjcpcij@optusnet.com.au

Thanks

Hey OverTheTop.

Have only been off the Pac Dawn for a couple of weeks so can answers some of your questions

1) I didn't see any unlimited drink packages and don't think that P&O offer it

2)I couldnt see a advance booking desk like on the Pac Sun but i may be done through the Shore Tours office

4) Some passengers used the walky talkies but you can also use the internal phones fo leave messages on the cabin phones

5)The drinks range from 2.50 for softies and good coffee in La Patiserie to the Cocktails from 7.50 upwards

6)The upper bunk in the T Grade cabins (Fiesta Deck) slides back into the roof with a safety rail and ladder. The bunks in the Plaza deck upwards fold from the wall

7)There should be copies of the menus around the site. Would be best to do a search.

Have great fun in the Pac Dawn. I wish i was back on board now having a great time with Midori Splice in hand. :)

Hi totally new to cruising and I am already obsessed! A few questions that relate specifically to the Pacific Dawn.

• Can you buy an unlimited soft drink package for the length of the cruise? (for the kids) I have seen posts elsewhere that mention this for other cruise lines.
  • If you book your next cruise on Pacific Dawn whilst on board do you save money? Is it worthwhile?
  • Do families in Australia use Walkie Talkies? Are you outcasted as annoying if you use them?
  • How much are drinks?
  • Do the top bunks/beds have safety rails? Are they suitable for kids? Can you fold the beds away when not in use or are they down permanently?
  • If anyone can send me any menu's or drink lists it would help fester my new obsession even more and I'd be in heaven.
  • My email is amjcpcij@optusnet.com.au

Thanks

Welcome to Cruise Critic obsession land.

The soft drink packages are available in Oz, but only on the Princess ships. Princess also have a low deposit and transferable future cruise purchase. I am sure I have read others booking their next cruise onboard P&O with a discount, but not to the same benefits as you may have read on the other lines.

Walkie Talkies - If used discretely, there is no problems with using them. They are not an ideal system onboard a ship though. Cheaper ones just will not work, and stronger ones are still heavily affected by the 1000's of tonnes of steel in the hull of a ship.

If anyone is having a birthday, anniversary or another event, it is great to walk past the decorated doors. The endless miles of cabin corridors can be pretty bland without it.

Having just celebrated my birthday on board Pacific Dawn I can say "Yes" to this!!! I woke up on my birthday to find Balloons and a sign on my door.

And there were lots more about the ship too; birthdays, anniversaries, honeymooners, there was an engagement while we were on board (a 'Congratulations on Your Engagement' sign appeared on a cabin door a few cabins away from us towards the end of the cruise - so I'm guessing it was something that had only just happened - how romantic!).

Archived