Holy Land cruise on Royal Princess

Tulsa Cats

I know it's more than a year away, but I'm so excited about the cruise we've booked . I"m trying to talk a friend into going also. Did anybody just get back ? Were the port convenient to the attractions ? We're on target for Sept. 29
I was on this cruise last November and except for getting deathly sick from something at the Princess overnight hotel in Jerusalem, it was a great cruise. As for ports being convenient to attractions, it really depends on the port. Cairo is 3 1/2 hours away from Port Said or Alexandria and Jerusalem is probably an hour away from Ashdod. You tender into Santorini and while Kusadasi is interesting in it's own right, you'll want to go to Ephesus which is several miles inland. My suggestion is to go to the Ports of Call boards to get specifics about each port.

I know it's more than a year away, but I'm so excited about the cruise we've booked . I"m trying to talk a friend into going also. Did anybody just get back ? Were the port convenient to the attractions ? We're on target for Sept. 29

Thanks

The Pacific Princess did this itinerary this past season and we were on the June 25 sailing. We did not do an overnight in Jerusalem but chose two full days of touring privately. From Ashdod we went to Jerusalem for the entire day. From Haifa we went as far north as Safat; toured the Galilee and Nazareth before returning to Haifa and the B'Hai Gardens. In Egypt it is necessary to do an overnight which we did privately as well. Princess offers a very expensive (well reviewed overnight tour). We went with Nile Blue Tours for a fraction of the price and were very happy. Kusadasi is not far from Ephesus and there are many options for touring. We used Ekol tours there and again were very satisfied. The ports of call boards will have many recommendations. It was a great cruise but exhausting!

Thanks

Did this cruise this Past May, with private tours in each city. You will get to to each attraction fast and see more with private tours. Did overnite in Cairo with Nile Blue and we where the 1st ones off the pier, did not wait for convoy. We left the Pyramids when the Princess busses where arriving. Also did overnite in Israel with Avitour. Saw more in one day than ships tour did in 2 days.

If you want more info e-mail me at: alanmal@aol.com

I did the same cruise in October 07. Fantastic cruise on the Royal. Did a ship tour to Cairo and the pyrimads from Alexandria. Visited friends and family in Israel with a private car and driver. We had been to Ephesus prior so simply enjoyed the port. YOu will have a fantastic time no matter what you do relative to ship/private tours. We enjoyed the trip so much we are going again on the Celebrity Equninox in October 2009. Suggest you read up on the ports and decide what you are most interested in seeing. Enjoy. :)

Archived