Summit Deck 9 questions

nisurc

We are currently booked in Dec 9 staterooms. 2 of them are CC's ( mid ship area) and one is a 2A( Just aft of the CC cabins) . The Deck above is Pool and Eating area.

Anyone been in cabins on deck 9 that can tell me if there are any noise issues???

One of the members of our travel group can be..um...cranky. We don't want him to have something like noise to complain about and ruin it for his family.

Thanks Much!!!

Nisurc

We had 9048 last year, and it was very quiet. However, it was further forward than yours, I think. We were under the Aquaspa cafe. I have heard that it can be noisier under the pool.

If noise is an issue, you might consider cabins on Deck 8. Being between two passenger decks is generally the quietest place to be.

Good luck with your choices:) .

Lisa

We were further back on Deck 9, under the carpeted areas of the cafe above, and it was very quiet. Where there is no carpeting you are much more likely to hear noise, especially the scraping of chairs. I can't say how bad it would be though under the pool. I know that part of our family had an aft FV cabin on Deck 9 under the outdoor deck, and the noise was pretty annoying. But I think that is different flooring than by the pool, so don't know if that makes a difference. If there are any CC cabins available further aft, you might consider changing just to be on the safe side - we really liked it back there - little passenger traffic too.

We were in room 9082 last march. There was a slight occasional noise from pool area above when they were putting chairs away or out, and when someone was running, but it was very faint. We didn't find it objectionable and in fact we reserved the same room for the Summit's other itinerary next March.

Hi

We always have 9064 - no noise issues unless the person next door is deaf and turns TV up really loud - the only issue I have with Summit is the cleaning gantry which kept being left outside Cabin - if this happens go and stamp your feet with the Desk.

Prewelli

We just got off a cruise and were in 9058. The only bothersome noise that we had was the morning after the "tropical night" poolside party when all of the deck chairs were being put back on the deck. Other than that, no complaints!!

As you can see, the opinions on the noise vary from person to person. I guess the bottom line is, if you have someone in your group who will be very bothered and you can change cabins, then why not? I've found that even the same cabin on two different cruises can have different levels of noise, so there is no way you can be sure of what your particular cruise will be like. If you have the option for something more likely to be quiet, then that seems like the safer bet.

Archived