Laundry facilities on the Jewel

rubybc62

Yes they have self-service washer and dryers on the Jewel. No charge for them. They do charge $1.00 for Tide if you do not bring your own. Not sure of all the decks they are on but I think there are at least three decks and maybe four that have them.

Yes they have self-service washer and dryers on the Jewel. No charge for them. They do charge $1.00 for Tide if you do not bring your own. Not sure of all the decks they are on but I think there are at least three decks and maybe four that have them.

WOW - so it's not necessary to bring a roll of quarters? Any suggestions on a 'good' time versus a 'bad' time to use them? With the airlines charging for luggage now, I told my teenage daughters that we will only be checking ONE bag for the four of us ... the looks on their faces? PRICELESS.

To the OP - thanks for asking this question!

WOW - so it's not necessary to bring a roll of quarters? Any suggestions on a 'good' time versus a 'bad' time to use them? With the airlines charging for luggage now, I told my teenage daughters that we will only be checking ONE bag for the four of us ... the looks on their faces? PRICELESS.

To the OP - thanks for asking this question!

LOL! You do need four quarters to buy a small box of Tide. If you do not have them you can get them at the front desk. I have found that the best time to use them is when the ship is in port, early in the morning or later in the evening. To be honest, I have never found that I got frustrated over not being able to get a load done and I have been on all the NCL ships that have this help yourself service on them. They also have irons and ironing boards in the same room as the washer and dryers.

No they are on deck 9 and 10.

and deck 4 plus one other. If you do use their soap, do not use the entire box in one batch. The machines are smaller than standard washers so, unless you want to have everything still filled with soap it is better to use 1/2 box. we were able to purchase our Tide at the pursers desk.

Nita

Archived