day trip to Glacier Bay?

D.P. Roberts

Howdy:

Concur with the above.

It's always nice seeing posts like this. Getting away from the crowd and doing something different.

I have not looked into this for about 3 years or so, so the information may not be right but ...

There is a cheaper route of doing this trip. Vell, a little cheaper.

There is a NPS campground at Bartlett Cove that, at the time I looked into it, wasn't hard to get into.

In addition, you have to make sure of transportation if you stay in Gustavus since it's about 25 miles from Bartlett Cove.

I did a day trip to Bartlett Cove from Juneau. The "tour" included a whale watching trip and about 2 hours or so before heading back to Juneau.

I tried to take a mini kayak tour while in Gustavus when I was there but I couldn't hook up with the kayak company. The company does offer multi day tours in Glaceri Bay that one day I will probably do.

The AMHS did have a Bartlett Cove run but the schedule was not traveler friendly. I'm not sure if they still have this run or not.

There was a posting recently of a review of a AMHS trip. It was on Trip Advisor with a link on this site. One of the posters also had a pretty in depth trip report of Gustavus and Alaska in general.

Rogue

Archived