HA rooms on the Dawn

lrc04

Hello! Does anyone have any pictures of staterooms with facilities for persons with disabilities on the Dawn? Preferably an oceanview. Just hoping to try and ease my friend's mind about whether it will be big enough for 3, they're traveling with their dad whose in a wheelchair.

Thanks

If there are going, book EARLY as HA rooms are limited.

Keep in mind that all cabins are tight for three people. There just is not much room to get around. And, there is still only one bathroom and one set of lights. Everyone must get up and go to bed at the same time. Though expensive, consider two cabins.

The Mini-suites that are HA do have extra room space available. I do not have any pictures, but if you do not get any answers, try a search.

grabbed this info from 2 different resources by Googling. Hope it helps.

Nancy

http://my*******************/NCL_cruise_pix.asp whoops....got blocked

precede with http and 2 slashes...my cruise journals without spaces followed by a period and a com/NCL_cruise_pix ending in a period and the letters asp

Mini suite 11616 on Deck 11 is huge and sparingly furnished, which is perfect for this wheelchair accessible cabin. However, the entrance is situated in a narrow corridor which makes it difficult to enter and exit in a wheelchair. This cabin could have been positioned several feet either to the left or the right and thus avoided this problem, since the corridor widens out in either direction, except for this one bottle neck.

When entering on the right there is a exceedingly large bathroom with safety rails all around. There is a huge shower with a seat and rails--very handy--a single sink and two shelves for toiletries. Next there is a king size bed with the ubiquitous heavy white quilt. We had this last item replaced with a top sheet and light weight blanket. The bed is flanked by two night tables each with two shelves, but no drawers. There are nice reading lamps on the wall.

When entering on the left there are shelves and a triple armoire with hanger sections and more shelves. Next there is a vanity/desk with coffee/tea maker plus amenities. There is a long and rather firm couch in green; then a TV console with three drawers, a safe, a small refrigerator, and then a kitchenette-style set of a table and two chairs. Of course, there were also the two armchairs which Hotel Director Mr. Le Tallec provided. There are a wall of windows to the balcony, which is twice the size of a regular one. On it were two recliners, two chairs, and a table. How nice!

My wife uses a wheel chair and we just returned. We stayed in 9219, and the cabin was huge. You could have slept 4 in there without any issues. I do have some pictures, and will post as soon as I get a chance. The room is exactly the size of two regular cabins. We had all of the cabinet and drawer space we needed. We also had a sofa that made down, a chair, and an end table, and we still had lots of floor space for the wheel chair. The bathroom was large, and did have an accessible shower, with a seat that folds down. There are drains around the shower area, and the bathroom florr is flat, including the shower.

Archived