Saving Lounge Chair - Wonder if it works ? ? ?

Sandytoes

How would you feel if someone did that to you?

Don't you feel all eyes are upon you for taking someone elses belongings off the chair? :eek:

I personally would never touch someone elses belongings just to get a lounge chair.

Even if I saw the chair empty for hours.

I have seen some heavy arguing over a "chair" :rolleyes:.

Makes ya kinda wonder what kind of people they are....:cool:

I will tell you what my DH and I do while looking for chairs. We will see a whole line of "saved" chairs with a towel from the ship on it.

If it is a chair I want, I simply remove the towel. Put my towel down, sit my fat hinney down and relax. Maybe and only maybe the person who wanted those chairs comes back(after hours pass) and say hey, those were my chairs. I say to them, no they are all our chairs and I am now using it. What real choice do they have? Saving chairs is not allowed...

We may leave our stuff on our chair to go get lunch, but I always tell my neighbor that I am going to get lunch. That way, my neighbor can let anyone know where I am. And we always bring our food back to the chairs.

We all have seen the chairs saved by the pool all lined up. All go unused until sometime after 12 noon. So i just plop my butt in them.

I didn't say I took their "belongings" off the chair. I SAID the ship towel. Just sitting there. Nothing else. I do I believe laying a towel on a chair at 8am-going to have breakfast and then showing up at the pool around 11am is considered chair hogging.

So if you just lay a towel on a chair, it might not be there if you are on the cruise I am on.

Are you wondering what "kind of people" I am? Or the chair hog people? Because frankly I can live with myself nicely knowing I don't save chairs. I go to the pool with my belongings and enjoy the pool area. When I am done, I get up, pick my stuff up and leave. I only leave my stuff on the chair for potty breaks or food(which I said I bring back to the chair).

So if that makes me a "bad" person, well so be it then. I would like you to ask the poor folks standing next to a line of chairs with a lonely towel on them, not being used for hours what kind of person those people are.

Sometimes we are just soo polite...we hurt our own selves to make sure someone else isn't put in a position of uncomfortableness.

I didn't say I took their "belongings" off the chair. I SAID the ship towel. Just sitting there. Nothing else. I do I believe laying a towel on a chair at 8am-going to have breakfast and then showing up at the pool around 11am is considered chair hogging.

So if you just lay a towel on a chair, it might not be there if you are on the cruise I am on.

I'm with you on this! Or I would be if my DH ever let me sit down on a cruise.

I think that a few extra towels on their expense accounts to the tune of $20 would stop them from doing this, don't you. Let them pay for hogging.

How would you feel if someone did that to you?

Don't you feel all eyes are upon you for taking someone elses belongings off the chair? :eek:

I personally would never touch someone elses belongings just to get a lounge chair.

Even if I saw the chair empty for hours.

I have seen some heavy arguing over a "chair" :rolleyes:.

I agree with you 100%...I can not see myself moving someone's belonging. I'll get security. It is not right..just as it is not right to hog a chair. Common Sense is what needs to be used.

Also for those who move items...Do you really go around like a parking meter patrol and see how long a chair has been hogged. If that is true I feel sorry for you cause there are better ways of using that time. Like maybe having a DOD...:p

AGAIN-

We don't move a beach bag, book, sandals, towels and sunglasses. WE DON'T touch someone elses belongings.

What I said we move is: a towel. A TOWEL, the ships towel. Just sitting there for sometime. Usually it is a neighbor that says to me, "I have been here for an hour an no one has come to sit down yet". So we make a decision, if there are no other chairs, to MOVE THE TOWEL. Most of the time, NO ONE comes to us to even question the action.

We are simply enjoying the pool area.

And NO I do not tag chairs as to usage. I do have better things to do. I use the chair I am in, enjoy the sun and pool and try to forget some of the people who think they are so much better than me.:)

They should make one for people who bring their 6 month old diaper wearer in the pool that says "Baby Cruiser on Board" idea1.gif

On the Westerdam, the didn't allow diapers in the pool. And I saw them ask/several parents to remove the children.

AGAIN-

We don't move a beach bag, book, sandals, towels and sunglasses. WE DON'T touch someone elses belongings.

What I said we move is: a towel. A TOWEL, the ships towel. Just sitting there for sometime. Usually it is a neighbor that says to me, "I have been here for an hour an no one has come to sit down yet". So we make a decision, if there are no other chairs, to MOVE THE TOWEL. Most of the time, NO ONE comes to us to even question the action.

We are simply enjoying the pool area.

And NO I do not tag chairs as to usage. I do have better things to do. I use the chair I am in, enjoy the sun and pool and try to forget some of the people who think they are so much better than me.:)

I'm sorry if I offended you but that was not my intention. What I was trying to do was to get a point across. That if maybe fellow cruisers will use common sense and not remove items and not hog chairs this issue would not exist. And by the way at no point did I say that I was better than you and I do not think I am better than anyone. I am just ME... :)

It's a wonder that the ships aren't 'charging' a lounge chair fee these days. Reserve a chair for only $19.99 :D :D

I don't remember where I heard it but some line (and since I've been mostly reading about RCI it could be them) were toying with the option of having a reserved chair section for those guests in suites.

It's a wonder that the ships aren't 'charging' a lounge chair fee these days. Reserve a chair for only $19.99 :D :D

But they do!!!

Princess charges a flat fee charge of $10 per person to lounge in the Sanctuary.

(from 8am to 12:30pm) (from 1pm to 5pm or later).

$20 for the Whole day....:D

Sanctuary05.JPG

Is it worth it?

To some it is...:rolleyes:

Archived