Saving Lounge Chair - Wonder if it works ? ? ?

Sandytoes

Do you mean putting stuff on the chairs at 8am, and then not showing up to use them until noon? NO!!!!

If you mean my getting to the pool 15 minutes before my hubby, and getting 2 chairs together, then, yes--I do that. There's nothing wrong with that.

We don't usually hang out by the pool so we haven't had to put up with chair savers so far. I imagine its no less annoying than people who save seats in movie theaters. With the selfish direction our society seems to be heading in, I doubt those signs would work. People would probably sit in the chair anyway:rolleyes:. IMO the signs are still a form of saving seats. It can take a while to grab a bite to eat.

Are you a cruiser that likes to 'save' lounge chairs while on a cruise?

:rolleyes:

The only people worse than those that hog lounge chairs all day by putting a book, hat or other item on them and then not showing up for hours are those folks who park in handicap parking spots.

The only people worse than those that hog lounge chairs all day by putting a book, hat or other item on them and then not showing up for hours are those folks who park in handicap parking spots.

Or leave their vehicle idling, while waiting in the FIRE LANE of a shopping complex. I don't care if you are in the vehicle or not, grab a real spot, and have some common sense. :cool:

Sorry, we're a little O.T. now...

I bring a long a full size blow up doll that snores. I cover it with a towel and a hat. It screams if touched. Its made by Popeil....yes that's right it the popeil pocket person.....

I would tell you the other uses but this is a family board.

I think that this type of behaviour is incredibly rude and inconsiderate to your fellow holiday makers ! If I did that I would fully expect someone to reomove it if they need the lounger while I was not using it ! Fair enough to leave your belongings there during lunch but oherwise ..............please do not do it !

One of our favorite forms of entertainment while on a ship is to sit or stand on the deck overlooking the pool. We try to watch for the chair hogs and the pax who do amusing little thngs to even things out with the chair hogs.

We saw one enterprising individual take the towels, sunglasses, hats and reading material off a couple of chairs. he reshaped the towels into somewhat humanoid shapes, put the glasses and hats on where heads might be, propped up the books where a lap might be and sat the towel figures on the top of a nearby garbage can. Finally, he moved the 2 lounge chairs and left an empty space. Very imaginative, if a bit extreme.

BTW, we overheard a passenger say that those chairs had been unoccupied for the entire 2 hours she had been by the pool.

Fortunately for us, we don't have to deal with chair hogs by the pool, as we are not sun worshippers. (DW just prompted me to add that while I may not be a sun worshipper, I am an ardent bikini observer.)

I bring a long a full size blow up doll that snores. I cover it with a towel and a hat. It screams if touched. Its made by Popeil....yes that's right it the popeil pocket person.....

I would tell you the other uses but this is a family board.

Ha Ha !! That Ron Popeil, he's so clever!! :D

Those are real - I did a search and found the website where they are for sale. How rude - although the website mentions using them for saving your chair while in the pool, going to the bathroom. They also state they are good for keeping your towel from slipping down when you are sitting.

There is a line at the bottom of the page asking that you respect the location's policy regarding reserving chairs.

But we know how chair hogs won't read that line!

I sincerely hope not but thanks for this morning's bit of humor...beats watching the stock market.;)

Thought you guys would get a kick out of this....:D

I bring a long a full size blow up doll that snores. I cover it with a towel and a hat. It screams if touched..

LOL! Can it also order drinks? :D

Those are real - I did a search and found the website where they are for sale. !

You thought I was kidding? :rolleyes:

:D

Just when you thought you saw it all.

I wonder if those things are flammable? I hope they're flammable, because flushing them them down the nearest toilet is probably bad for the plumbing system.

I bet that they can also be used as a glove to preform a proctology exam on the owner.:rolleyes:

Are you a cruiser that likes to 'save' lounge chairs while on a cruise?

There's a new product out called Lounge Hats.

090820070820574_d5fea391311ea9853817e48bad222ccf_250.jpg090820070820574_2f74eae3542091a6b2526b79ec82f70a_250.jpg

pics_4.jpg

:rolleyes:

Maybe they can just make one that says "CHAIR HOG" then we can all agree on the definition. Those that declare that they are not chair hogs just have to read their hat as they are walking back to their chair after a 2 hour lunch.;)

I will tell you what my DH and I do while looking for chairs. We will see a whole line of "saved" chairs with a towel from the ship on it.

If it is a chair I want, I simply remove the towel. Put my towel down, sit my fat hinney down and relax. Maybe and only maybe the person who wanted those chairs comes back(after hours pass) and say hey, those were my chairs. I say to them, no they are all our chairs and I am now using it. What real choice do they have? Saving chairs is not allowed...

We may leave our stuff on our chair to go get lunch, but I always tell my neighbor that I am going to get lunch. That way, my neighbor can let anyone know where I am. And we always bring our food back to the chairs.

We all have seen the chairs saved by the pool all lined up. All go unused until sometime after 12 noon. So i just plop my butt in them.

I strongly agree with CB! Bad cruise ediquite to leave a "marker" and then show up later to claim the chairs. It's OK for you and someone else to sit and hold one or two others with you for a little while your group shows up, but other than that, you would not be very popular with the rest of us who go out early and are looking for chairs. Take it from an experienced cruiser - don't do it!

Archived