OBC or price match?

iluvazsun

I hope Im not "double posting b/c I think something happen when I just tried to post this but anyways....

I booked my cruise through CCL. I keep checking the price to see if it goes down (in hopes of an OBC)! No such luck yet! My question is....if I see a lower price somewhere else will Carnival honor that and price match it or give me an OBC, or will they do nothing?

Always call and check with Carnival because my motto is "it never hurts to ask"....

Sometimes the prices you may see on an online travel site may not include everything (i.e. port chrgs, taxes, fuel chrg) so do be sure you have the total.

For me, searching for deals is fun and a good way to past the time waiting for the cruise. I LOVE SAVING $$$$

Good luck with your searches!!

Dianne

Carnival isn't obligated to price-match other sites. Based on Carnival's arrangement with TA's, it would be unusual to find an advertised price less than Carnival's. Some claim that they've had this happen, but generally that price has turned out to be Carnival's price anyway. Having said that, if you can get them to do it, why not!!!! ken

I spoke to a carnival cruise directly trying to get them to give me a better deal than travelocity was offering.

Can't remember the lady's exact words but basically said their prices are the same as travelocity's and doesn't compete with them so they couldn't give me a better deal.

Ended up booking with travelocity. And when prices dropped, I called travelocity to get credit. I was put on hold while they called the cruiseline to confirm the rate, and was then given it.

So it seems, that if you call Carnival they very well may price match other websites prices. Just make sure all of the details match... example If you have 4 ppl in you cabin you see the priced has dropped but it might be for a 2 person cabin (uppers & lowers).

Hope this helps!!

Always call and check with Carnival because my motto is "it never hurts to ask"....

Sometimes the prices you may see on an online travel site may not include everything (i.e. port chrgs, taxes, fuel chrg) so do be sure you have the total.

For me, searching for deals is fun and a good way to past the time waiting for the cruise. I LOVE SAVING $$$$

Good luck with your searches!!

Dianne

Still having trounle getting OBC for a cruise booked in Dec. I originally booked sn OV room on the Riveria (6A) for $319.00pp through my PVP. Last I checked, the price had goone down yp $279pp. I called the PVP and asked for a price adj or credit. She said that since I had already paid in full, she would have to check with the supervisior and see if they can refund the difference on my credit card, or give me an OBC. That was about 2 weeks ago.

I know it is only $80.00, but..... I also asked if a credit could not be issued, could I be moved to a 6B cabin since that price is now $319.00. Any suggestions other than waiting for them to get around to it (assuming they do eventuqlly get around to it)? If offered, should I take the $80.00 credit, or move to the Main deck? Thanks

I have a PVP that usually sees that I get any & all discounts without me even asking. He is wonderful. But I do know from speaking with him about this that after final payment it does need a supv. O.K. to issue an OBC. So if I were you I would call back & ask to speak to the supv. directly that might be who is dragging their feet & not your PVP...

Archived