Provence-food And Wine Trails

Acrusa

We are on the July 26th 2009 Mediterranean Tapestry. One of the ports is Provence. There is a tour offered Food and wine trails, Has anyone taken this tour and have any comments. Its expensive but it sounds fantastic.We are thinking of booking this tour.

Any comments will be appreiciated.

Thank You

Those "Epicurian Immersion" Tours are absolutely fantastic.

The high admission price has the effect of keeping the numbers intimate (a wonderful advantage which gets the tours into some spectacular locations where the bigger groups wont work).

Unfortunately, as with all excursions,a certain number of participants are needed, or the tour won't go. I believe that the magic number is ten, but don't quote me.

The difficult thing is predicting if your shipmates will be aghast at the cost, or consider it a pittance.

I would suggest that you book the excursion, but have a fall back position, just in case.

Happy Cruising!

We are on the July 26th 2009 Mediterranean Tapestry. One of the ports is Provence. There is a tour offered Food and wine trails, Has anyone taken this tour and have any comments. Its expensive but it sounds fantastic.We are thinking of booking this tour.

Any comments will be appreiciated.

Thank You

Are we sure that they are offering the Food and Wine Trails excursion next year? I saw it was offered for 2008 but I haven't seen anything in terms of shore excursions for 2008.

Any suggestions for a good back up that is similar?

There's a recent very positive professional review of it - cruise critic review of insignia I believe. Can't find it right now. Planning on signing up for this for 11/1 Regatta sailing Athens to Barcelona.

If you do sign up ,please let us know your honest oppinion and review it for us.

Thanks

Are we sure that they are offering the Food and Wine Trails excursion next year? I saw it was offered for 2008 but I haven't seen anything in terms of shore excursions for 2008.

Any suggestions for a good back up that is similar?

Non of the shore excursions for this cruise are on the site yet for 2009.But I am assuming that they will be the same as 2008.

• 3 weeks later...
There's a recent very positive professional review of it - cruise critic review of insignia I believe. Can't find it right now. Planning on signing up for this for 11/1 Regatta sailing Athens to Barcelona.

We are booked and are doing the food and wine in Florenc. In Provance, we are gong to Avigon. It was a tough choice, but since we've been to Florence before, we decided to do the food & wine trails there since we have two days in port. Anyone else signed up?

• 2 months later...

Archived