Carnival altering (Pt. Canaveral) initial DREAM sailing date...

Tom-n-Cheryl

Just received this FAX last night...

379351181_dG5sg-XL.jpg

The sailing immediately prior is an 8-day out of New York on 11/23. It is over on 12/1. I suppose they are just cutting out what was some extra buffer time between the completion of that sailing, and the next (12/5) out of Pt. Canaveral. (so, the ship is on/ahead of schedule???)

My big question here is ... why didn't Carnival simply change all the bookings to the new date and THEN ask people to call and cancel if necessary. Perhaps that's a legal hoop that they don't want to deal with.

I don't mind two of the port additions, but I have no interest in going to FREEPORT or SAN JUAN (Extra SEA DAYS for us... :) )

I called Carnival this morning and was greeted with the information that I knew I would receive: "No, we show no changes, there is not a 12/3/09 sailing in the system." :rolleyes:

I hope it's not going to be one of those situations where embarkation is in the evening, and you don't leave port until midnight .... did that once before, and it's not fun. Though, on a positive note - perhaps I could still WORK that day! ;)

Tom

Interesting change. I'm anxious to sail the Dream and hope they don't alter the transatlantic.

We all knew the changes wouldn't be in the computer yet if they just sent the faxes out yesterday. I hope it all gets straightened out.

I just love being in LIMBO... though I am sure they will straighten it out.

Why can't Carnival already HAVE IN PLACE the changes in their reservation system when they do something like this. It's not like they just thought this up yesterday (I HOPE :eek: )

Tom

I think this could be a very good thing if we get the same price and 2 more days are added for already booked guests. I will be a little mad if they want to charge me more but I think this will be a fanstastic new class of ship and suspect it will be VERY popular and sold at a premium.

My PVP didn't know about it either but I know he will take care of it when they get info.

I think this could be a very good thing if we get the same price and 2 more days are added for already booked guests. I will be a little mad if they want to charge me more but I think this will be a fanstastic new class of ship and suspect it will be VERY popular and sold at a premium.

My PVP didn't know about it either but I know he will take care of it when they get info.

Your cruise is cancelled. If you want to book the 12/3/09 Dream you can use the $50 OBC.

I have my new Guest Confirmation...

The rate increased (also thanks to higher port fees and FUEL surcharge) it's now $378 per person MORE. The deposit also increased from $250 pp to $300 pp.

On a brighter note.... the cruise is now magically TWO DAYS CLOSER! ;)

Tom

Why can't Carnival already HAVE IN PLACE the changes in their reservation system when they do something like this. It's not like they just thought this up yesterday (I HOPE :eek: )

Tom

Hey Tom, that would be my thought process as well but for some reason none of the cruises do this. They cancel then make you reschedule. It is a real pain especially when they are not offering the alternative for that time period for sale yet. Been there and done that. You are correct Limbo is a pain.

FYI - here is the new schedule...

Thursday…….Pt. Canaveral……………..4pm

Friday…………FUN DAY AT SEA

Saturday…….FUN DAY AT SEA

Sunday……….Antigua……….9am……….6pm

Monday……...Tortola……….7am……….6pm

Tuesday………St. Thomas...7am……….6pm

Wednesday...San Juan…....7am……….3pm

Thursday…....FUN DAY AT SEA

Friday…………Freeport………8am……….4pm

Saturday…….Pt. Canaveral

Fairly long port times, though I prefer the SEA DAYS be towards the END of the cruise - but that's just me!

Tom

FYI - here is the new schedule...

Thursday…….Pt. Canaveral……………..4pm

Friday…………FUN DAY AT SEA

Saturday…….FUN DAY AT SEA

Sunday……….Antigua……….9am……….6pm

Monday……...Tortola……….7am……….6pm

Tuesday………St. Thomas...7am……….6pm

Wednesday...San Juan…....7am……….3pm

Thursday…....FUN DAY AT SEA

Friday…………Freeport………8am……….4pm

Saturday…….Pt. Canaveral

Fairly long port times, though I prefer the SEA DAYS be towards the END of the cruise - but that's just me!

Tom

But.....this way you will have plenty of time to check out the new ship - with the sea days at the beginning :D ;) !!

Your cruise is cancelled. If you want to book the 12/3/09 Dream you can use the $50 OBC.

You are RIGHTthe cruise was cancelled which left the new booking wide open I am traveling solo so I have an inside room ond deck 11 and an onboard credit.

I sure hope we don't go to Freeport. We have never been to Grand Turk or Tortola. San Juan is Ok too, at least we get there in the morning. Time to walk around old San Juan before the ship leaves at 3PM.

I will only miss 1 extra day of work. I can flex 4 hrs during the preceding 3 days and leave work at 11:30 to head to the port on Thurs.

Tom

Are you sailing again in the owner's suite? May I ask what you do for work to be lucky enough to sail so frequently? I may need to change jobs...;)

Are you sailing again in the owner's suite? May I ask what you do for work to be lucky enough to sail so frequently? I may need to change jobs...;)

Yes - again...

Your answer can be found within this album of my Afghanistan photos - photos I was able to take thanks to an all expenses paid trip to "beautiful" Kabul in 2006 :D :

http://tom-n-cheryl.smugmug.com/gallery/1126070_oLw5Y#52431717_RA4c5

I can now say that I have been there, and no, it's not going to be on my list of leisure destinations in the future. ;)

:)

Tom

Archived