Fishing...Please help

Millygirl

Hi!

For anyone that lives in Miami or has been to the Keys. We will be in Miami for a day and a half before our cruise and are looking for an area that allows fishing from shore. I keep seeing pictures of people fishing off of piers and things like that. But, I would love to get some information on where we can rent tackle, get a license, and actually fish for a couple of hours without having to charter a boat. Anywhere between Miami and Key Largo would be great. THANKS!

Millygirl, We've been to the keys umpteen times but never been pier fishing. Some good oceanside flats to wade fish around South Upper Matecumbe key to Lower Matecumbe key, especially around Tea table key. No tackle rentals that I know of down there. There used to be pier in Islamorada area. You could check with World Wide Sportsman there. There are several fishing piers that rent tackle in the Miami - Dania Beach areas:

http://www.floridafishing.com/florida-fishing-piers/

http://www.boatlessfishing.com/

Also fishing off the jettys on the south side of Miami Beach next to the shippng channel.

Good luck! :)

Hi!

For anyone that lives in Miami or has been to the Keys. We will be in Miami for a day and a half before our cruise and are looking for an area that allows fishing from shore. I keep seeing pictures of people fishing off of piers and things like that. But, I would love to get some information on where we can rent tackle, get a license, and actually fish for a couple of hours without having to charter a boat. Anywhere between Miami and Key Largo would be great. THANKS!

You can fish off Key Biscayne at Bill Baggs State Park. You can pick up your tackle and license at the closest Wal Mart.

Millygirl, you might also consider Robbie's on Islamorada. They rent boats and tackle, and also do charters. A very beautiful area , as well as very good fishing but pick up a Florida Sportman or Hot Spots fishing chart and get a good mental picture of the area before going. You can also get a Google satellite image of the area. Good luck!

http://www.robbies.com/

Archived