Ok, tell me EVERYTHING about Mercury!!!

bambam2972

I mean, I know it's a dangerous substance and all, but.... :p

No, in all seriousness, I read in today's local paper that Mercury is coming to Charleston for a few sailings a year. Those iteneraries look so great (especially the eastern)!

I'm sorry to those whose cruises were cancelled, I'd be pretty bummed. But considering we've only had NCL Majesty (I've consistently read bad reviews and even my TA told us not to book that one :eek:) I'm excited to have a new ship.

So I've only sailed on Royal Caribbean (Mariner and Sovereign) and Carnival (Elation). How will I like Mercury? Though I'd definitely be booking for the itenerary, regardless of the ship.

Oh and here's the article, in case anyone is interested: http://www.charleston.net/news/2008/sep/24/celebritys_mercury_cruise_into_charlesto55536/

I know you want lots of info so I just did a search to see what came up - 10 pages of links most with really good info. I did that before booking my Mercury cruise for next year.

The way search is working now

from the Celebrity Board page, on the far right there is a

search function that will let search the Celebrity forum, type in Mercury and click go. Wait a bit and all the threads will come up.

Have fun reading!

I've been on Mercury a couple of times (she was my first ship), the last time in 2005 and really enjoyed both cruises. She lacks the glitz of some newer ships, but is very smart nonetheless. Quirky artwork you'll either love or hate, but it certainly catches the eye. Best spot for pre-dinner drinks for us was Rendezvous Square. Best spot to sit out for a drink was the aft cafe area on deck 11, under the umbrellas. There's a nice quieter sun bathing area away from the pool deck (I liked that) and a topless sundeck also that was hardly ever used. Service and food were very good on both cruises.

I read that link you posted and had forgotten about Galaxy's faux pas with the authorities. Walking off the ship in the morning to explore Charleston only to watch it sail off into the distance is not what you want to see:eek:

Phil

Archived