Help on Cabin Change Decision!

dragnfli

We finally (FINALLY) just got our cabin assigned to us today on one of the higher levels aft for our cruise this Saturday. Our TA just called to let us know that Carnival wants to change our room to the same level but towards the front of the ship and they offered us a bottle of wine and photo credit for compensation. Being first time cruisers should we take this opportunity or should we stick with the first assignment we were given? There would be no upgrade just a different room. They want our room because it's a quad and it just me and DH. Would we have to worry about motion sickness in the front of the ship? What should we do?

We finally (FINALLY) just got our cabin assigned to us today on one of the higher levels aft for our cruise this Saturday. Our TA just called to let us know that Carnival wants to change our room to the same level but towards the front of the ship and they offered us a bottle of wine and photo credit for compensation. Being first time cruisers should we take this opportunity or should we stick with the first assignment we were given? There would be no upgrade just a different room. They want our room because it's a quad and it just me and DH. Would we have to worry about motion sickness in the front of the ship? What should we do?

Count yourself lucky and take the gifts. If you book a guarantee cabin it can be moved up to you getting on board. They can move you without your permission.

depends how far forward--compared to how far aft.

having been on the aft== it does not move as much as the forward does-- and that was the direct front on the empress deck oon the Liberty.

Taking the front you will have a LOT more walking to get to the food/pools then you would if you took the aft cabin.

Taking the quad cabin--wont do you no good as the cabins are the same size and you will not ever get to see the upper beds as they wont be pulled down since you wont be using them,

What stateroom do you currently have and what stateroom do they want toplace you in.... that sure is a measley offer to get you to move on the same deck....

The want to move us from 8434 to 8232 which actually might be a little better as far as noise is concerned now that I see that 8232 is sandwiched in between two floors of cabins and 8434 is right below the buffet. (See, I've learned a little bit from reading on the CC boards LOL)

I would switch cabins and take the gifts. 8434 is close to the buffet which is handy but you will probably hear some noise. 8232 is guaranteed to be quiet and comfortable. Beyond that they are identical cabins.

Have a great cruise whatever you decide to do. :)

Doesn't Carnival also have the right to take the room if you booked only two people and it will hold 4 if they wanted to? I would take the gifts and move especially since it will hold 4 people and there aren't many cabins that will in comparison to how many cabins that are on the ship. This also allows a family of 4 to be able to now cruise!!!

The want to move us from 8434 to 8232 which actually might be a little better as far as noise is concerned now that I see that 8232 is sandwiched in between two floors of cabins and 8434 is right below the buffet. (See, I've learned a little bit from reading on the CC boards LOL)

take the move--your cabin is located under the bar that islocated there.

Its not the buffet but the outside seating section of the lido deck-- this is NOT carpeted.

Mom.....Yes, that's true - I was just checking the cruise contract and it indicates that. I'm surprised they even bother initially booking/assigning 3 and 4 passenger cabins to 2 persons, but I guess it all comes out in the giant room shuffle at the end. ken

Forward and aft movement is not comparable to a pendulum swinging. Side to side movement, yes, and the higher you go, the more the movement.

Anyway, if you tend to have motion sickness, then higher and forward are not where you want to be. But if you don't get car sick, or sick on amusement park rides, you probably won't get seasick either.

So, it depends.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived