Young couple?

suvicki

I was asked this question but had no idea so I am asking on here.

Can a young couple, aged 17 share a cabin without breaking any rules?

I know age of consent is different in other countries but what about on board.

Just want to know if it is ok legally?

at least one of the people in the room has to be 21 .. so, no

Unless they are married...

Here's what the webite says:

Q: What is Royal Caribbean International's Age Policy?http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/s.gif

A: No guest under the age of twenty-one (21) will be reserved in a stateroom unless accompanied by an adult twenty-one (21) years of age, or older. This age limit will be waived for minor children sailing with their parents or guardians in adjacent staterooms or under-aged married couples (proof of marriage is required).

So two kids cant share a room either?

Lots on the boards say they get their kids their own rooms.

They can, if their parents are in an adjacent room or one directly across the hall.

"the age limit will be waived for minor children sailing with their parents in adjacent staterooms"

Would the cabin steward have a problem with it?

Wouldn't want to be worrying about being chucked off the ship!!!!!

I am sure they have seen worse. I am hopefully going tobe able have my own cabin with my bf if my brothers girlfriends dont care that that share

Would the cabin steward have a problem with it?

Wouldn't want to be worrying about being chucked off the ship!!!!!

Cabin Steward will be fine with it, as long as you have parents or guardians in the cabin next to or opposite yours, or you are married then you will have no problem

They can, if their parents are in an adjacent room or one directly across the hall.

"the age limit will be waived for minor children sailing with their parents in adjacent staterooms"[/quote

Wouldn't the key word be " THEIR " parents. If I'm understanding the OP correctly, she is talking about a young couple, not two children from the same family.

"the age limit will be waived for minor children sailing with their parents in adjacent staterooms"[/quote

Wouldn't the key word be " THEIR " parents. If I'm understanding the OP correctly, she is talking about a young couple, not two children from the same family.

I was not responding to the OP, but rather to the post I quoted.

They can't book the cruise unless there is an "adult" along---but once you are on the ship, no one cares who sleeps where.

Perhaps there should be some clarity there...spouses may care if one spouse is sleeping where they shouldn't...:eek: Next thing you know someone is left behind, in port or maybe under war...

So let me get this straight - if a minor (under 21) wants to go on a cruise, he or she cannot go unless accompanied by a parent or guardian. So, a single 20 year old cannot go on a cruise by himself or herself. However, if that 20 year old is married, and his or her spouse comes along, it's okay.

That seems kind of weird. You'd think it would be an age limit - like renting a car, voting, drinking alcohol, etc. I assume that the only reason for the "marriage exemption" is so they don't miss out on any part of the honeymooner segment.

Archived