does anyone know if you can rebook at a lower rate after booking at one place?

vacationfool

we booked and now found a much better price. we haven' made final payment, so would it be possible to cancel our booking and rebook with this other travel agency or is that unheard of? thanks

Not unheard of at all. Just make sure you aren't going to incur any penalties by cancelling with the original TA.

Good luck! :)

we booked and now found a much better price. we haven' made final payment, so would it be possible to cancel our booking and rebook with this other travel agency or is that unheard of? thanks

Why dont you call the current TA agent to see if they can get you that price? NCL has a promotion going on right now that will allow those that were already under deposit to have their current reservation repriced instead of cancel/rebook.

I am not sure what you are referring to? Did you book with NCL or with a TA? If you booked with NCL direct and the rate you found is offered by a Travel agent you can just get the reservation transferred. If you book with another agency, I think it would be pretty tacky to change, but that doesn't mean you can't. Of course, remember, if you cancel and rebook you could lose the cabin you now have and could even loose the great rate you are referring to. All rates are subject to availability, the minute you cancel your reservation is gone. think about it? BTW, cancelling with one agent could result in a cancellation charge. More agents are adding this all the time. I am not saying it will, but it could. Make sure you understand all the details before you act.

Nita

Last year we did it. It was worth the 75 dollar cancellation fee to save almost 1200 dollars. I was totally shocked to see such a big price difference from one onlin TA to another. I did call and ask if it could be lowered by the online TA we booked through and when he said he couldn't, I could not not do this. 1200 dollars is a lot of coin. We spent it on the boat.

This post and others inspired me to see of the price for my cruise went down.

I found my 4 day SKY had dropped by $200. I booked through NCL directly because we have sailed with them before. I called the NCL # and she looked up the price and lowered my price to match.:):):) That just paid for my sailing excursion. Proof it never hurts to ask.

My TA automatically does this for us. She is a family friend, but this is what her & her husband decided to do for all of their customers, even though it costs them. They felt if people know that they will get the best price on a cruise through them they'll come back when it's time for a cruise again.

So whenever the price is lowered they rebook it, then call their customers with the great news.

My husband and I are cruising on the Sky Oct. 20, 2008. My balcony cabin went down $100.00 each. When I called NCL they said all they could do was upgrage me and since there were no cabins other than a suite available, they would not do anything for me. I even asked for a shipboard credit, which they also denied.

I have cruised NCL at least 5 times and this is the way they treat their repeat customers.

I'd appreciate any ideas! Thank you.

Eileen

Call again - answers change from one rep to the next.......one rep will say it can't be done and then by calling back 20 minutes later, you can get another rep who will say "no problem" and take care of it for you...

If you're still told "no" and not satisfied, ask to speak with the supervisor - if they tell you the supervisor isn't available (on break, lunch, dinner break, etc) tell them no problem, and ask to speak to the supervisors supervisor.....

My philosophy is "don't ask, don't get" - I've already seen 2 price drops on our next cruise, called my TA who called NCL and voila - price reduction and OBC.

I am booked on the Sky for Oct. 20. The cost for a balcony cabin went down $100.00 pp. I called for an upgrade, a ship board credit, or price adjustment. I got nothing . It seems I booked the best balcony and the suites are too much money for an upgrade.

I feel like I deserve something. I am a Latitudes member and have cruised with NCL many times.

I did ask to speak to a supervisor that said there was nothing he could do.

I feel cheated!

Any ideas????

Thank you,

Eileen

If the price should change without it being because of a promotion for new reservations only they will change it for you, but if you are in penalty and the promo is for new reservation they will not change it, asking to speak to a supervisor wont change company policy i wish it would but it doesnt waste of time!!!

I just received an upgrade this morning for the Dawn. I checked prices and found that a balcony room was cheaper than what I paid for an ocean view. I called NCL even though I had already paid in full and they upgraded me to a balcony at no extra cost! At first they said they didn't show anything available but I had done my homework and had room numbers to give her that were available. She had to "make a call" and after a few minutes on hold she came back and said I was upgraded. She was very nice and seemed happy to help me. Good luck.

Archived