Myerlee

myerlee

We are doing a land tour starting on the 15th of may. We have been reading that we may not get to do the wilderness tour while in Denali because it is too early. I have been told that Yukon and Budget Queen could be of help in letting us know if we have been told the truth. Wilderness tour or not? Thanks for your help.:cool:

Actually, Yukon, that's not totally correct. Dates are subject to change depending on road conditions, but this year, the Tek Wilderness Tours (to Mile 30) started May 15 and the TWT started May 24. The DNHT also started May 15, but people on a cruisetour that would normally get a TWT did the Tek Tour and people that would normally get a DNHT got a DNHT.

Well, I hope you are right Wolfie11 and we get the TWT tour.What is the DNHT tour? I am new to these boards and don't know all the ins and outs.Do appriciate all the help I am getting though.

Sorry, you won't be getting the Tundra Wilderness tour unless you are there May 24 or later. You will NOT get very far into the park IF you have a southbound cruise. Even though you claim to have a firm booking, I would suggest you consider changing to a Northbound cruise, if this is the case?? Will get you significantly further into the park,a week later. It may not be of concern to you, but the Denali Park "day" is a significant segment of a cruisetour, rest of many itineraries are so so at best in comparism. You might want to look at alternatives, especially if this is a costly trip for you and you don't plan on returning frequently or soon. I wouldn't be so accepting of this perhaps??

You may have booked the cruise but most often you can change or cancel a cruise as long as you haven't made final payment which you probably haven't this far away from the cruise date.

You couldd check with your travel agent and see if you can change to a later week without a penalty.

I just recently booked for next June and my travel agent told me I was fully refunded as long as was before final payment.

Archived