My Time Dining Question

disneyclfan

I kept calling Royal to find out about it. The My Time Dining # is 800-590-6218

Thanks for the number. We are cruising on Crown Princess in Feb and have Anytime Dining. Have always done traditional early seating. I'll wait to see how I like it, I believe the Anytime on Pricess and the MTD on RCI are similar.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok Don't shoot me, this is just a question. I have never done MTD only traditional late seating.

I just don't like the idea of pre-paying gratuities because I think the staff doesn't have any incentive to give superior service knowing they're getting tipped anyway. I realize that some people stiff them and that's just aweful.

Also, if you only eat in the dinnig room a couple of nights and eat in the premier eating places such as Portofino and Chops, you would be tipping them in Portofino and Chops and also tipping the dinningroom for the same nights your not there???

Again, this is just a question as i'm not familiar with MTD and the pre-tipping. No flames please.

Ok Don't shoot me, this is just a question. I have never done MTD only traditional late seating.

I just don't like the idea of pre-paying gratuities because I think the staff doesn't have any incentive to give superior service knowing they're getting tipped anyway. I realize that some people stiff them and that's just aweful.

Also, if you only eat in the dinnig room a couple of nights and eat in the premier eating places such as Portofino and Chops, you would be tipping them in Portofino and Chops and also tipping the dinningroom for the same nights your not there???

Again, this is just a question as i'm not familiar with MTD and the pre-tipping. No flames please.

I had MTD on the Freedom two weeks ago. Service was VERY good.

When it comes to gratuities, the same wait staff that works in the main dining room also rotate to the Windjammer during the day. If you use the WJ at any time then it all works out in the end. Bottom line, if you want MTD you must pre pay your gratuities.

Also the MD that was on the Freedom two weeks ago told me he was moving to the Oasis and one complete deck of the main dining room will be devoted to MTD. He also told me that the dining room will not be large enough to handle all guests for traditional dining. RCI's thought is that there will be so many places to dine that many will not want traditional. So I guess in the end, if you want traditional, you had better grab it otherwise you will be forced into MTD.

I was told yesterday by RCI's dining head (during a tour of Oasis of the Seas) tha My Time Dining would be available fleetwide by April and most certainly would be active when Oasis launches.

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

I hope so as I am booked for MTD on the Oasis for the inaugural cruise.:)

...So I guess in the end, if you want traditional, you had better grab it otherwise you will be forced into MTD.

Actually, unless things have changed with MTD since April, the way RCI requires prepayment of tips for MTD, if you want MTD you need to grab IT unless you want to be forced into Traditional Dining. :)

Actually, unless things have changed with MTD since April, the way RCI requires prepayment of tips for MTD, if you want MTD you need to grab IT unless you want to be forced into Traditional Dining. :)

Considering that the main dining room will not be large enough to handle all requests for traditional dining, I will keep my original statement. Traditional dining is still much more popular than MTD regardless of the way that gratuities are handled.

Archived