Kids' attire at dinner

tnspedteacher

If you were on the Magic 7 days, I would say, no shorts. But you are on the Wonder and I can tell you, everybody and their brother were wearing shorts on the Wonder two weeks ago. ;)

I have never seen such a casual cruise. You will have no problem with your 8 year old wearing shorts in the dining room.

Only ONCE did I see someone stopped by the Maitre D, it was a girl wearing a towel over a swimsuit. :eek:

The mother ran to get shorts to put over top of it. And pretty much that whole table (8 of them) were dressed in shorts for every meal.

On one night, there was a woman and her family in front of me, the entire group in shorts and t-shirts, she turned and looked at me (we were all wearing dresses) and said to the Maitre D "It's NOT formal night RIGHT?" :mad: The Maitre D said "Your attire is perfectly fine, right this way..."

The only reason I continued to dress my kids up every night was for the pictures. :D

If you were on the Magic 7 days, I would say, no shorts. But you are on the Wonder and I can tell you, everybody and their brother were wearing shorts on the Wonder two weeks ago. ;)

I have never seen such a casual cruise. You will have no problem with your 8 year old wearing shorts in the dining room.

Only ONCE did I see someone stopped by the Maitre D, it was a girl wearing a towel over a swimsuit. :eek:

The mother ran to get shorts to put over top of it. And pretty much that whole table (8 of them) were dressed in shorts for every meal.

On one night, there was a woman and her family in front of me, the entire group in shorts and t-shirts, she turned and looked at me (we were all wearing dresses) and said to the Maitre D "It's NOT formal night RIGHT?" :mad: The Maitre D said "Your attire is perfectly fine, right this way..."

The only reason I continued to dress my kids up every night was for the pictures. :D

It sounds like the maitre 'd (head server) has better manners than the guests.

Hey Ladies & Mick-

I am happy that this thread did not get turned into a flame thread like over in the other place......:eek:

I think LITTLE boys in dress shorts are fine in the dining rooms. You know little dress shorts with little popls and belts or suspenders. Very classic to me..... Now others will flame me. Once they get school age, I think out of respect they shpuld have to follow the rules.... But your preschooler should be fine.

Now as Cruismama has said, I hear the Wonder is NOW, totally different tan the Magic. We have cruised every year, but have not done the Wonder for 5 years. We stick to the Magic now (just for length). I hear on the Magic the population on the Magic is TOTALLY different than on the Wonder. So if it is okay on the Magic, I am for sure it is acceptable on the Wonder.;)

Also, I checked my scanned pages of the Wonder and it doesn't say "no shorts" it says "No tank tops or swimwear in the Dining Room"

Then it says "No Shorts or Jeans" on the page where Palo is listed.

So even the Wonder Navigators don't list the "no shorts" rule for the dining room. :)

Having been on both - the Wonder is more casual than Magic.

Also, I checked my scanned pages of the Wonder and it doesn't say "no shorts" it says "No tank tops or swimwear in the Dining Room"

Then it says "No Shorts or Jeans" on the page where Palo is listed.

So even the Wonder Navigators don't list the "no shorts" rule for the dining room. :)

Having been on both - the Wonder is more casual than Magic.

It looks like the Disneycruise.com Web site and the Navigators differ on this. The Web site clearly states no shorts in the dining room except on pirate night when I assume that shorts are allowed as everyone knows, pirates were well known for their love of short pants.

What should I wear to dinner?

Dining Dress requirements vary by venue or theme night on your cruise. In general, most meals are "Cruise Casual" — no shorts, swimwear or tank tops. Most cruises also have special theme nights with additional attire requirements. Here's a breakdown of these events by cruise itinerary.

On 3-night cruises
:

• First night: cruise casual — no shorts, swimwear or tank tops

• Second night: pirate or tropical deck party

• Final night: "dress-up night" — jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women

On 4-night cruises
:

• One pirate or tropical night (deck party)

• One "dress-up night" — jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women

• Final night: cruise casual — no shorts, swimwear or tank tops

On 7-night cruises
:

• Three additional "cruise casual" nights — no shorts, swimwear or tank tops

• One pirate or tropical night (deck party)

• One formal and one semi-formal night — formal wear for men: tuxedo or suit; for women: gown or dress; semi-formal wear for men: suit/jacket; for women: dress or pantsuit.

Dress for dinner at Palo on all cruises
:

• Men: dress shirt or jacket

• Women: dress or pantsuit

Speaking of shorts, it's always cool during the Olympic opening ceremonies when the Bermuda team enters all wearing Bermuda shorts.

It looks like the Disneycruise.com Web site and the Navigators differ on this. The Web site clearly states no shorts in the dining room except on pirate night when I assume that shorts are allowed as everyone knows, pirates were well known for their love of short pants.

Yeah what a surprise, just like every other cruiseline, the online site differs from the ON SHIP printed rules :D

Now if we can just keep the babies from pooping in the Mickey pool, we'll be ok...lol. (They can't read the sign :p )

Yeah what a surprise, just like every other cruiseline, the online site differs from the ON SHIP printed rules :D

Now if we can just keep the babies from pooping in the Mickey pool, we'll be ok...lol. (They can't read the sign :p )

No problem Mama since Non-Potty trained kids are NOT ALLOWED in the pool (except for the ears) at all. So if they have on Swimdiapers, Mom should know the rules say No kids in Swimdiapers....;)

No problem Mama since Non-Potty trained kids are NOT ALLOWED in the pool (except for the ears) at all. So if they have on Swimdiapers, Mom should know the rules say No kids in Swimdiapers....;)

Yeah tell that to the parents of the kid who pooped in the Mickey Pool on Wonder and got it shut down for 3 hours. :(

On Wonder they have a splash area for the infants so they can't go in the Mickey Pool at all. On Magic, there was no splash area (before the refurb) so yes, Mickey's left ear was for the babies. My youngest enjoyed that ear when she was 8 months old. :)

The Crew on Wonder should enforce the Mickey Pool rules. :( But I digress...lol.

The unfortunate part is that a lot of rules aren't enforced, or are selectively enforced. Dress codes, kids in diapers, seat saving, the list goes on. Sometimes Disney is too afraid to offend a guest by enforcing rules, and it's unfortunate.

On our recent Wonder cruise I had my kids wear their church clothes to dinner (they are 4 and 10). I liked the idea of dressing up for dinner. It made it a special feeling instead of feeling like we were going to applebees or somewhere more casual. :)

To comment on the seat saving........there were towels draped over the lounge chairs in the first row by the Mickey pool. I was there for three hours and never saw someone come near those chairs. I saw people walk up and ask the people next to them if they were being used and then they would take the towels off and sit down. When my mother came to join me I had her do the same thing to the chair next to me. I didn't feel bad at all throwing towels off a chair that wasn't being used.:rolleyes:

Archived