Cab to Ship

warb

What is the Cab fare from Penn Station to ship? Does cab drop you off at

pier or outside? Thanks.

its about $10...and you can be dropped off across the street or have them take you right to the pier as you desire. If you have to wait until you get into the pier the meter keeps clicking away which can add up but its .40 every 45 seconds. Its normally faster and cheaper to be dropped across the street and walk but it is really what you feel comfortable with.

A lot of trains go to Pen station........but

Cruise ships go out of Bayone, NJ, Brooklyn,NY and NYC. Make it clear to the driver where you are going.

A friend of mine was dropped off in NYC and her cruise ship was in Brooklyn!

Hey, if you are early and have time ask the cab to give you a tour of the city. It is fun place to see!

What is the Cab fare from Penn Station to ship? Does cab drop you off at

pier or outside? Thanks.

A lot of trains go to Pen station........but

Cruise ships go out of Bayone, NJ, Brooklyn,NY and NYC. Make it clear to the driver where you are going.

A friend of mine was dropped off in NYC and her cruise ship was in Brooklyn!

Hey, if you are early and have time ask the cab to give you a tour of the city. It is fun place to see!

and have the directions to Brooklyn with you from Penn station tell the driver to take you to the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel to brooklyn in Brooklyn take the Hamilton Avenue exit(its just passed the toll booth) make two quick lefts making sure not to get back into the tunnel(yes you just made a U turn), go straight make the left on Van Brundt and then the first right.

should take about 20 minutes and cost about $35(including toll and tip)

All NCL ships leave from the Manhattan cruise terminal. Only Princess and Cunard leave from Brooklyn RC and X leave from Bayonne NJ almost everyone esle leaves from Manhattan except some one of ships from individual cruise lines. Since this is an NCL thread I answered for Manhattan

and have the directions to Brooklyn with you from Penn station tell the driver to take you to the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel to brooklyn in Brooklyn take the Hamilton Avenue exit(its just passed the toll booth) make two quick lefts making sure not to get back into the tunnel(yes you just made a U turn), go straight make the left on Van Brundt and then the first right.

should take about 20 minutes and cost about $35(including toll and tip)

All NCL ships leave from the Manhattan cruise terminal. Only Princess and Cunard leave from Brooklyn RC and X leave from Bayonne NJ almost everyone esle leaves from Manhattan except some one of ships from individual cruise lines. Since this is an NCL thread I answered for Manhattan

Since all NCL ships leave from the Manhattan terminal, why would you take directions for Brooklyn?

As to where to be dropped off, on our last few times out of Manhattan terminal, the cab went right to the drop off point and was maybe 3 minutes from where we made the turn into the terminal complex. I would guess there are times when it might be busy and the drop off at the street would make sense. Good news is that the elevator is very close the the gate if you do get off at the street.

Since all NCL ships leave from the Manhattan terminal, why would you take directions for Brooklyn?

As to where to be dropped off, on our last few times out of Manhattan terminal, the cab went right to the drop off point and was maybe 3 minutes from where we made the turn into the terminal complex. I would guess there are times when it might be busy and the drop off at the street would make sense. Good news is that the elevator is very close the the gate if you do get off at the street.

just in case they go the wrong way. also this thread has now been moved so everyone will be confused.

Thanks to all for info. We have left out of Brooklyn. We are going on The Jewel the 18th of Oct. First cruise on NCL since we were on their Tilting Hilton" in 1998. I think it was the Old Star. It listed to one side.

Thanks again.

Archived