What is Maasdam Going to Do?

sail7seas

Originally Posted by tomc: Wha'ts the Maasdam doing in Hallyfax on a Sunday? Should be in Boston or Montreal.

Originally Posted by sail7seas: No, Tom. She sails Saturday to Saturday. Alternating in Boston and Montreal. This is her last call this year as she will board pax for her repo cruise when she gets to Montreal.

Ok, so I made a mistake. Question remains: Then what's the Maasdam doing in Halifax on a Sunday when it should be somewhere else? Leaves Boston on Saturday, in BH on Sunday, Halifax on Monday...

Yours,

Confused tomc

(and not for the first time, believe me)

(and most likely not for the last time, either)

The rain has let up a bit here in Halifax but the wind gusts are getting up around 75 km/h. We're about a kilometre from the water (near the entrance to the harbour) and you can hear the waves lashing up against the rocks from here. I think the hardest hit part of the province will end up being Yarmouth, as Kyle is to pass over just west of the coast.

Here's another website with lots of info:

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/warnings/warnings_e.html

Ok, so I made a mistake. Question remains: Then what's the Maasdam doing in Halifax on a Sunday when it should be somewhere else? Leaves Boston on Saturday, in BH on Sunday, Halifax on Monday...

Yours,

Confused tomc

(and not for the first time, believe me)

(and most likely not for the last time, either)

Tom, :)

Hurricane Kyle is coming up the coast and though I have not heard a recent forecast, it was originally supposed to target Bar Harbor. Maasdam could not go there if that was the case....especially seeing as she would be at anchor and it is a tender port.

The decision was made to embark her guests yesterday in Boston and head to Halifax where she is now safely tied up and will overnight.

it was originally supposed to target Bar Harbor. Maasdam could not go there if that was the case....especially seeing as she would be at anchor and it is a tender port.

The decision was made to embark her guests yesterday in Boston and head to Halifax where she is now safely tied up and will overnight.

Ah, all makes sense; now I can go to a friend's house and feed her cat (friend is visiting her mother --her own mother, not the cat's-- and I am the feeder-in-chief).

It seems that the south shore of Nova Scotia took brunt of the storm--around the Shelbourne area.

It didn't amount to much in Saint John and thankfully we didn't get the horrendous amount of rain that Hanna brought us. That caused major damage here.

The only report I have heard from Saint John is that a tree fell on a police cruiser. Thankfully the officer was not hurt as the tree fell on the rear of the car as he passed by it.

The Sea Princess has cancelled SJ for today and has proceeded to Bar Harbor instead.

Fireworks are scheduled over the harbour on Wednesday for the Queen Mary2 as she will be in port until almost midnight.

It seems that the south shore of Nova Scotia took brunt of the storm--around the Shelbourne area.

It didn't amount to much in Saint John and thankfully we didn't get the horrendous amount of rain that Hanna brought us. That caused major damage here.

The only report I have heard from Saint John is that a tree fell on a police cruiser. Thankfully the officer was not hurt as the tree fell on the rear of the car as he passed by it.

The Sea Princess has cancelled SJ for today and has proceeded to Bar Harbor instead.

Fireworks are scheduled over the harbour on Wednesday for the Queen Mary2 as she will be in port until almost midnight.

Glad the storm calmed down -- watched the reports on our TV stations this morning -- and you all are alright.

I'm so happy to hear that things are ok! Great news:) .

We heard from friends aboard Maasdam this morning and all is well. They had heavy rain and she rocked a bit on the dock but ship and all aboard are fine.

No need to wash the windows today!!! :)

They will spend the day in Halifax and leave as scheduled.

Archived