Just Back from Enchantment--9/20-9/25

I can't imagine the complaints they would be getting if they keep their ships too hot. I certainly expect functioning adequate air conditioning as part of my cruise fair. Of course I guess there will be "those" who say it is all the fault of those pax who set their thermostats way down that caused this additional cutback...... :eek: :rolleyes: :D

We were on the same cruise and didn't notice the heat (except while in the Cayman Islands and Cozumel!). In fact, we were cold most of the time!

Had a great time - didn't want to leave. This is my 2nd time on the EOS. Other cruise was on the Grandeur and, in my opinion, the EOS is SO much better in every way. I had trouble with my sea pass, only because I put it close to a refrigerator magnet and demagnitized it. Guest Relations took care of it immediately. They also helped me out with two other "minor" emergencies!

Love the EOS - I prefer Marc Walker to the current CD though. We ate in the DR every nite and the WJ & Solarium other times. I like the WJ okay. One day they had pecan pie, which was absolutely delicious. My kids stayed at AO and we had a hard time making them leave!

As far as the ports, we did the Sting Ray City/Snorkeling in Cayman (on our own and saved over half of what we would have paid through RC). Shopped in Cozumel.

Thanks so much for your thorough review. We are getting ready to do a back-to-back on the Enchantment leaving this Saturday. I had concerns about the brown water so I hope those issues are all gone. Fell in love with Nachi Cocom years ago (before the big hurricane that caused so much damage). It is such a beautiful spot. Glad you had a great time.

Do they have the C&A repeaters party also is there a deck party? I know this is a 5 niter so I was wondering if any events would be missing being it is not a 7 niter. I'm thinking of booking this cruise. :)

Hi, yes, there is a C&A repeaters party on Day 5, and the deck party is night 2, Dancing under the stars. ;)

Thanks so much for your thorough review. We are getting ready to do a back-to-back on the Enchantment leaving this Saturday. I had concerns about the brown water so I hope those issues are all gone. Fell in love with Nachi Cocom years ago (before the big hurricane that caused so much damage). It is such a beautiful spot. Glad you had a great time.

I wish you the best time on your trip! I wouldn't worry about the brown water, seems to be all fixed right now, from what I could find out. Have a great time!!

How is the CD??

Is the Captain a visable captain? Does he attend the repeaters parties?

How many Formals? I'm thinking one?

Captain Srecko is the most visable Captain I've ever seen. He

is very concerned about the happiness of his guests and if you

get a chance to talk to him I'm sure he'll ask you how everything is

going and how the staff is treating you. He attends the repeaters

party and even has a "View From the Top" session where he and

the hotel director answer your questions. I even saw him dancing

in the Centrum at the 80's party. He's only 41 and quite charming.

I have to agree with Catgirl, Captain Srecko is the most visible captain I've ever seen. I saw him everywhere. He participated in the belly flop contest, he walked the pool deck talking with people, he was at the 70's party in the Centrum, doing a little dance I might add. Very personable. I never paid any attention to a captain before, but you can't help but like capt. Srecko.

Paul Rutter, the CD, is not my favorite, as Catgirl knows, but this trip he wasn't so bad. Much improved IMO.

I did have discolored water, but it improved over the course of the 9 days. I, too, had a problem with too hot water. Glad to know it wasn't just me. I hated it, couldn't cool off after a shower, I had to turn the AC all the way up and still felt too hot.

Overall, it was a fabulous trip. Partly thanks to Catgirl who threw an AWESOME party. Thanks, Anita! Would go back in a heartbeat.

Archived