Taking food off ship???

pokeypoke

In most ports nowadays, you will find that taking food off the ship (other than prepackaged snack foods) or bringing it onboard from shore, is not permitted. That was the case during our recent transatlantic cruise which stopped in France, Ireland and Canada before arriving in the US. We have also seen bags searched when we have sailed into Bermuda and many Caribbean ports. Please observe the regulations set by local authorities in the countries you visit and don't use the fact that someone may have taken food off without getting caught as your rationale for doing the same. On all of our cruises, the daily activities calendar has cautioned that taking food off the ship is not allowed. There are good reasons for these regulations and you have plenty of other options available to you should you become hungry while you are ashore.:)

Bottom line - Some ports you can and some ports you can't.

If they ask you not to bring food and make announcements, then follow the instructions.

Many ports don't make an issue and we have brought food off.

We are going to the Mexicain Riviera in March and expect that I will not be bringing any food off this time.

Thanks for the info.

Just don't open these on an airplane. How could such a small packet emit such a strong smell LOL? I did't know people could give such dirty looks.

Hi, Doris -

The funny thing about my posting is I CANNOT STAND the smell of Tuna. When John takes this along on trips, we'll frequently eat separately (aka 'I banish him from sitting near me') because I can't stand the smell!!! LOL

I don't think he's ever had it on an airplane...mostly because we're seated together and I couldn't stand it. In any case, I'll keep your comment in mind.

Nancy

Archived