Sun Princess

Bonnie-Jean

We will be on the Sun Princess March 19, 2005. Anyone reading this message board going at the same time. Also would love to hear up to date information about the Sun Princess and suggestions as to what hotel would be best to stay in Fort Lauderdale prior to our cruise. This is our second cruise, the first was this past July on the Sapphire Princess to Alaska.

Bonnie

Oklahoma City

We will be on the same sailing as you. This is our second cruise on the Sun....were on her last March (2004) and enjoyed it thoroughly. There is a "roll call" for that sailing......be sure to add your name to the list and we look forward to meeting you on board.

Cheers

Marc

... and suggestions as to what hotel would be best to stay in Fort Lauderdale prior to our cruise.

Bonnie, There are several excellent hotels in Ft.Lauderdale. If you use priceline or other online search, look for Downtown Ft.Lauderdale as these are near the port. Most have free shuttle from the airport and to the port. Embassy Suites and Marriott often show good rates. The Sheraton is nice and near the beach. Princess uses the Marriott North but you can usually get a better price on your own. The Princess price last year was $69/nt. Have fun on your cruise!

I did post our information on the roll call for the Sun Princess, March 19 , 2005 (or I hope I did-still new at this). We have booked D753. Our last cruise and first cruise was with friends therefore we really did not get the chance to make new friends. Also being our first cruise everything was over the top and really did not get a chance to enjoy everything to offer. That is why we decided on a 10 day cruise..............We look forward to meeting you..........

Bonnie & George

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Sapphire Princess-Alaska-July, 2004

Sun Princess-March 19, 2005

I am looking at booking a 10-day cruise November 18, 2005 on the Sun Princess, which will be during Thanksgiving. Would appreciate any information you can provide about the ship. Have done the grand class ships, but prefer the smaller ships. Anyone have information on the BB balcony cabins or have any pictures. Also, for anyone who cruised on a 10-day during Thanksgiving, will there be a lot of teens onboard?

We stayed at the Airport Comfort Inn (next to the Hampton). Free shuttle from airport and to cruiseport. Good breakfast. Close to shopping centre. Stayed in Oct for $75.00. Would stay again.

Bonnie Jean, we will be on the same sailing as you. My DH, DD, her fiance and his parents. First cruise for them but not for us. I just can't seem to find the rollcall for our sailing, though! Just went through them all again - under rollcalls, anyway! Crysallis even pasted the thread, and I went on the thread and posted on it, and clicked instant notification, but have yet to rec'v. any notices and I can't yet find it again!

Anyway, you might want to try HOTWIRE for your hotel. I have used them several times and gotten very good rates (like $72 St. Patrick's wkend. & $84 in July in downtown Chicago at 4 star hotels). Also, I have a brother in FLL so we often stay w/him precruise, but our neighbors stay at a Summerhill or something "suites" right off I-95 which has a shuttle to the port. I think there IS a small fee, however. We have stayed at the beach near A1A and not far from Las Olas at the Sheraton Yankee Trader during spring (high season, so your prices most places will PROBABLY not be what they are in Oct., low season). That is THE MAIN beach area in FLL but if you go a bit north, you can find cheaper beach hotels that are still nice. (Check online or look at a AAA book is the best bet so you get a good idea of ratings, etc.) We just stayed at the Y. Trader last yr. for $149/nt. Their prices were lowest on their own website. We have always gotten a very cheap car rental over the net in advance and driven it from the airport. Then we use it for a couple of days whether we are at my brother's or a hotel, then drive ourselves to the rental car place and they, in turn, drive us to the port. This can be done for either MIA or FLL, but you have to make SURE you make arrangements to turn the car in at the closest office to the port. Several lg. agencies have this service. (There is generally no fee to rent a car at one location and return it to another in FL.) Hope this info. helps you some and see you on the Mar. 19 thread - if I can ever find it again - lol! ;)

Hi,

Thanks for all the information about hotels, I will check them out. As for the roll call for our sailing 9March 19, 2005). I think that it is on about the 3rd or 4th page by now. Keep looking I know it's there, if I can find it I know anyone can.

So excited about this cruise, being to a warm climate and TEN DAYS.

Bonnie

Oklahoma City

We used Hotwire and got the Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale for $58 plus taxes.They have a free shuttle from the airport but not to the port.Sometimes the port shuttle can be a hassle so we're happy to spring for the short cab ride so we'll get there when we want.

Go luck,we'll be on the Sun 1/27.

• 2 weeks later...

We booked through Priceline and ended up with the Marriott Marina.... right on Port Everglades. I called and they provide an airport AND cruise ship shuttle free of charge. The room was $100 through Priceline and over $200 directly through Marriott. I selected Downtown Ft. Lauderdale and Ft. Lauderdale Beach Areas with 3 stars or higher. Good luck!

BTW we were on the Sun B2B and would not recommend this ship unless you got a real good price... Other Princess ships would be preferable to the Sun... It was our 9th and 10th Princess cruise.... The weather was nice, the ship was clean BUT... you can check comments of others by looking under other Sun topics.

Archived