Costa Atlantica 1/2/2005 Roll Call

Harpo

We will be there - myself (Brian, alias Harpo), wife Kris, daughters Jacqueline (19) and Rebekah (16) and son Brandon (14). We will also be traveling with my sister, Patti.

Any others?

P.S. I have been on two other cruises that were supposed to stop at Grand Cayman and both were cancelled due to weather. So be forewarned that you've got the bad luck bear on board!

Well, if Grand Cayman is your favorite port, it must mean that you've actually stopped there. So maybe you cancel me out.

I was beginning to wonder if anyone actually stopped there, since I've only seen it in the distance (although they did tantalize me once by actually putting down the tenders, then pulling them back up).

WOW I just read my last post and I used "as well" way too many times. Sorry about that. My DH and I stopped in Grand Cayman in 2003 while we were on the Inspiration. It was more beautiful than I could ever imagine. I awill be so dissapointed if we don't get to stop there this year, this will be our last cruise in the caribbean for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Michele -

I'm not worried. I've been on other cruises where there were negative reviews (Holland America's Noordam comes to mind--old ship, "falling apart" per the reviews, yet it was wonderful) and it always worked out fine. It amazes me sometimes what people find to complain about.

I have a sister and her family who traveled on Costa previously and loved it.

For every person who complains (the complainers are often the most vocal group), there are often ten to twenty who had a wonderful time, but didn't write to tell the world about it.

Why are we that way as a society--when something goes poorly, we feel the need shout it from the rooftops--does that really make it any better? Yet when something goes well, we keep it to ourselves...

I've personally never had a bad cruise. I guess it's what you make of it. I'm not expecting perfection in others and I hope they're not expecting it in me.

Archived