Singapore-transfer from ship to airport

cruzagain

Our ship arrives Singapore at 6:00 A.M. on December 20 but our flight home does not leave until 6:30 P.M. We plan to take a sightseeing tour of the city for the day. Does anyone know if there is a storage area we can leave our luggage at the airport? Or can anybody suggest what is the best thing for us to do in this case as it will be a long wait at the airport once O transfer us from the ship to the airport. :confused:

Our ship arrives Singapore at 6:00 A.M. on December 20 but our flight home does not leave until 6:30 P.M. We plan to take a sightseeing tour of the city for the day. Does anyone know if there is a storage area we can leave our luggage at the airport? Or can anybody suggest what is the best thing for us to do in this case as it will be a long wait at the airport once O transfer us from the ship to the airport. :confused:

I believe the city of Singapore (or Singapore airlines) offers a bus city tour from the airport for passengers that have enough time (and you seem to have enough time). If I remember correctly, they are complimentary (or they used to be). Check with Singapore air (or the web site for the airport; they should have the information about storage as well). I'll see if I can find the info and post it.

Alternatively, you can take the metro from the airport and explore the city on your own - it's quite manageable.

Regarding luggage storage, this is from the airport's web site:

StorageThe left baggage service temporarily stores your bags, coats or other items. Please clear Customs and follow the signs for “Left Baggage”. The service is at the ground floor for Terminal 2 and Basement 2 for Terminal 1 and Terminal 3.

This is the web site for city tours (they are free):

http://www.changiairport.com/changi/en/airport_guide/exp_changi/facilities_services/sg_visitorcenter.html?__locale=en

Enjoy your cruise - we are schedule on Singapore to Sydney 2009.

Paulchilli,

The port and the airport are almost on opposite ends of the island. Can O arrange to send your luggage to the airport and have it stored? That way, you'll have more time to see Singapore.

Sorry, I cannot help you with that.

I've been to Singapore several times but have never cruised there. Hopefully O can answer that for you.

OK. So, how did you find my home country? You can be brutally honest. I see that you're sailing to Sydney too. Lucky, lucky you. I lived there and loved it.

I certainly loved Singapore as a visitor. Some find it too “sterile” but I find nothing wrong with visiting a place that is squeaking clean and safe. Would I like to live there? I would probably find it too restrictive (and too hot & humid) but I love to visit it; great food too.

I think they acted a bit hastily in cleaning up the city by leveling certain areas instead of restoring them. I think they are doing a better job now.

What more can you say about Sydney other than it’s fantastic!

We are looking forward to the trip.

If you book a tour with a private tour company, they can pick you up at the port, and take care of your luggage. Oceania will not take care of your luggage after disembarkation unless they happen to offer a tour that day, and you book it through them.

Shari

CCC Member

You can leave your bags at the Singapore Cruise terminal.

http://www.singaporecruise.com/terminal01-4-1.aspx

When you're ready to leave pick up the bags and grab a cab. A lot cheaper and more convenient than being dumped at the airport early in the day.

We will probably do the same thing on December 20th.

Happy sailing,

Steve.

I certainly loved Singapore as a visitor. Some find it too “sterile” but I find nothing wrong with visiting a place that is squeaking clean and safe. Would I like to live there? I would probably find it too restrictive (and too hot & humid) but I love to visit it; great food too.

I think they acted a bit hastily in cleaning up the city by leveling certain areas instead of restoring them. I think they are doing a better job now.

What more can you say about Sydney other than it’s fantastic!

We are looking forward to the trip.

When was your first trip to Singapore? I don't remember much of old Singapore except for Bugis Street and Chinatown. You're making me miss the food!

I would live in Sydney if I could. I love cruising around the little bays. If you like seafood, Sydney's the place. It'll be hot when you're there, so be forewarned. I don't want to threadjack, but I'll be happy to answer any questions you have on a separate thread.

When was your first trip to Singapore? I don't remember much of old Singapore except for Bugis Street and Chinatown. You're making me miss the food!

I would live in Sydney if I could. I love cruising around the little bays. If you like seafood, Sydney's the place. It'll be hot when you're there, so be forewarned. I don't want to threadjack, but I'll be happy to answer any questions you have on a separate thread.

I too do not wish to threadjack - just a brief response.

I was there first in 1985. I love seafood and Chinese - both those cities are great for that.

I may take you up on your offer closer to time - thanks. I will "page" you.

You can leave your bags at the Singapore Cruise terminal.

http://www.singaporecruise.com/terminal01-4-1.aspx

When you're ready to leave pick up the bags and grab a cab. A lot cheaper and more convenient than being dumped at the airport early in the day.

Be aware that cruise ships can dock at TWO different locations in Singapore - if the port is too busy, the overflow is accommodated at a container ship dock some distance away from the Cruise Terminal. No 'left-luggage" facilities were there.

We were docked there last December on the Nautica and even cabs weren't allowed near the ship.

Do find out your exact docking first before you make your plans. Should you be at the container terminal, your best bet would be to get your luggage to Changi, check it there, and then take a tour before your flight later that day.....

Be aware that cruise ships can dock at TWO different locations in Singapore - if the port is too busy, the overflow is accommodated at a container ship dock some distance away from the Cruise Terminal. No 'left-luggage" facilities were there.

We were docked there last December on the Nautica and even cabs weren't allowed near the ship.

Do find out your exact docking first before you make your plans. Should you be at the container terminal, your best bet would be to get your luggage to Changi, check it there, and then take a tour before your flight later that day.....

Already checked on the Singapore ports website. Both the Oceania ship and Seabourn Spirit are docking at the city terminal.

We did the 'containter terminal' thing on Star Princess a few years ago. Not fun and a great waste of time.

Steve.

To Cruzagain,

Are you a member of any of the big hotel chain's frequent guest programs? When we left our ship in Buenos Aires, we went right to the Sheraton and showed our Starwood's card. The Conciege held our luggage until that night's trip to the airport. They can also arrange a tour of the city for you. I'm not sure of which hotel chains are in Singapore, but that is easy to check.

Sheila

Thanks Shoshana2,

Yes we have Starwood's card, I will check on this option.

Heard from my TA & she said that O offers a sightseeing/transfer from ship to airport on day of disembarkation, our luggage stays with us in the bus, we cannot sign up in advance, we can only book it onboard. This might be the most convenient, but knowing O, they will probably charge an outrageous amount???

Thanks Shoshana2,

Yes we have Starwood's card, I will check on this option.

Heard from my TA & she said that O offers a sightseeing/transfer from ship to airport on day of disembarkation, our luggage stays with us in the bus, we cannot sign up in advance, we can only book it onboard. This might be the most convenient, but knowing O, they will probably charge an outrageous amount???

cruzagain,

at least you'll know what all your options are.

Enjoy!

Cruz again.

We are on the same cruise,but will stay in Sin.five days and proceed to Phuket for about 2 weeks and then will be Island hopping in Thailand for a

couple of weeks before flying back to Denmark.Europeans are not so lucky

to have air incl,so we take advantage of the possibilities when touring,just a

suggestion for you.See you.Fred

Hi Frede Sander,

Wow, what a wonderful holiday!! There's a group of us from this board who will meet & greet when we get on board. If you would like to join us I'm sure the group does not mind at all. 1 1/2 months to go & we're sailing :D