Disney Vacation club - trip insurance

magdeliene

I'm sure this answer is here somewhere but search is down right now

My mother and step father have booked a cruise for us using their Disney Vacation Club points. I want to purchase insurance but quite frankly the disney insurance is lacking in what I want most - trip cancellation due to bad weather. They only cover it if bad weather causes complete cessation of the airline for 24hrs. NOt as good as some other companies that cover inclement weather delay or cancellation. We will be flying from the northeast in Jan the night before the cruise, but a bad storm could cause back-ups and I am a worrier.

Has anyone dealt with this before?Have a company to point me toward?

I'm sure this answer is here somewhere but search is down right now

My mother and step father have booked a cruise for us using their Disney Vacation Club points. I want to purchase insurance but quite frankly the disney insurance is lacking in what I want most - trip cancellation due to bad weather. They only cover it if bad weather causes complete cessation of the airline for 24hrs. NOt as good as some other companies that cover inclement weather delay or cancellation. We will be flying from the northeast in Jan the night before the cruise, but a bad storm could cause back-ups and I am a worrier.

Has anyone dealt with this before?Have a company to point me toward?

I use insuremytrip.com to find the best insurance for each trip. The site allows you to compare different companies. I've heard that once you find the insurance you want that it's cheaper to go through the individual company, but I haven't done that yet.

Trip cancellation is important but make sure your health insurance covers you out of country. Many insurances do not and most seniors are unaware that Medicare does not cover you when you leave the US. Plenty of insurances out there, research it and don't just grab what the cruise line offers you...

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies. I ended up buying the Disney Vacaton club insurance - was no choice. Other companies won't insure for the value of points. Still doesn't cover my biggest worry but I guess if a bad storm is on it's way I will get the family in the car and start driving!!

Archived