Miracle 9/22 review with pictures

bobbyfk

Embarkation: we arrived at the pier around 11:45a and we were on board about 1:15p so it was not that long of a wait, of course lines were backed up but we expected that

Cabin: we had a great cabin ( 7291) with a spacious balcony, our cabin steward Wilfred did a great job keeping the cabin need and tidy, we loved the towel animals he made and he even folded my pajamas every night which was a nice touch

San Juan: we didn't get to go, someone had a heart attack and we stopped at about 3am off the coast of Delaware, so in turn with the bad weather from Kyle we never made it there, i was looking forward to it as well, the ironic thing is on my last cruise in 06 on the Legend we missed San Juan due to bad weather and it was the same captain we had on this trip, Roberto Volpi

St.Thomas: we went on the St.John Nation Park Tour, they took us on a 45 min boat ride there and then a 2 1/2 open air taxi trip, they stopped at some of them beaches on the island so we could get some pictures of them, all in all it was a good tour. afterwords we went to lunch on the ship than went shopping in till about 3:00p than we rested till dinner

Tortola: first off we were only there from 6am-1pm so theirs really not alot of time to do anything, we got up around 9am and took a walk around the town and did some light shopping, it was very hot there that day

Food: We were assigned table 380 on the upper level of the dining room, our headwaiter Ricky did a great job all week. He had an assistant working with him but i forgot her name, most of the food was okay, some of the meals we had were bland with not alot of flavor to them but otherwise all was good in the dining room, we had lunch on the Lido a few times and the food was good but its always so crowed up there that by the time you got your food and found a place to sit your food was cold, other days we just went up for a slice of pizza if we were hungry in the afternoon

Cruise Critic Meet: we planned one for the first night after the show at the aft bar. We head over there and its closed. so that was that, then a day or so later i am taking a walk and see the cruise critic meet and greet sign on someone door. I really didn't want to bother them but i knocked on the door and introduced myself, they knew who i was and I gave them my cabin number and we got a meet and greet together on the next sea day which was fun and it was great to meet all of you.

Debarkation: was expecting worse, hung out in our cabin till about 10:30a when our number was called to debark, we went through customs/immigration quickly and were waiting for our ride to pick us up at 11:20a

any question/comments please let me know and i will be happy to answer them and enjoy the pictures below

all in all we had a great vacation and will hopefully be going again real soon

ETA: forgot something.. we ran the amazing race thing on bard and although we came in last the couple that won said they have two of them so they gave us a 24k gold piece of ship on a stick:D

http://community.webshots.com/album/567527750SATfGm?vhost=community

Nice review....

We sailed just before you and had great weather.....was yours rough? Looked like you had alot of weather to go through!

yes, the first sea day was VERY rough, alot of people were sick

Nice reveiw. Can you tell me the time you spent in St Thomas. I believe it is 7am-6pm but want to make sure. We are leving one week from now!!

if i remember correctly 7pm-7am, Captain Volpi extended our stay an extra 2 hours due to missing San Juan

Thanks for sharing! Great pics! I am surprised the AFT bar was closed? Was it due to bad weather? It always seemed to be open when we would go back there at night and I thought that the aft bar stayed open the latest? Welcome back!

might have been, i never found out why it was closed

thanks for the report! We had Table 384 - Ricky's assistant was Marie Grace - she was the absolute best! We tipped her very well - Ricky was good too. We were on the sailing before you. Sorry you missed San Juan! And in Tortola - with that crazy time that the ship is there - you would be crazy to do anything on your own vs a ship excursion.

I'm going to check out your pics now! Thanks!

thanks for the report! We had Table 384 - Ricky's assistant was Marie Grace - she was the absolute best! We tipped her very well - Ricky was good too. We were on the sailing before you. Sorry you missed San Juan! And in Tortola - with that crazy time that the ship is there - you would be crazy to do anything on your own vs a ship excursion.

I'm going to check out your pics now! Thanks!

thanks for that

Archived