tv channels on NCL STAR

sunedaze

I was wondering if anyone knows what tv channels are available on the Star? My husband and I will be sailing on 0ct. 4. He is wondering if CBS is available. He is worried about missing the Alabama Football game?

PLEASE when you get back from your cruise come on here and tell me about the movie channels.. We were onboard the Star last May and I swear every time we walked into the cabin Prirates of the Caribbean was on... no mater what time of day or night we turned to the movie channel. There were like four other movies listed as being on the movie channels.. LOL.. but it got to be a joke with us that all there really was was the P.o.t.C. LOL. I did see the final scene of "40" dresses or something like that.. "40 Brides Maids"..something.. but it was too funny to us.

PLEASE when you get back from your cruise come on here and tell me about the movie channels.. We were onboard the Star last May and I swear every time we walked into the cabin Prirates of the Caribbean was on... no mater what time of day or night we turned to the movie channel. There were like four other movies listed as being on the movie channels.. LOL.. but it got to be a joke with us that all there really was was the P.o.t.C. LOL. I did see the final scene of "40" dresses or something like that.. "40 Brides Maids"..something.. but it was too funny to us.

Terry didn't you know a crew member is assigned to each cabin to make sure when you turn your TV back on its not only the same movie, but the same exact part you saw the last time.

Terry didn't you know a crew member is assigned to each cabin to make sure when you turn your TV back on its not only the same movie, but the same exact part you saw the last time.

LOL.. I kind of thought maybe the room stewards had something to do with it and were getting a great laugh out of it.. heheheheh

We were on the Star in April and it was the worst channel selection of any cruise we have been on. We were burned out on the ship's activities and tried to watch tv the last couple of sea days. It was really bad. We wound up watching some old movies on Turner Classic Movies that I would have never watched under any other circumstances. "Calypso Girl Goes Bop".....not quite an Academy Award Winner. hahaha. It is funny to look back on now. And yes, the movie channel played the same few movies over and over and over. Pitiful.

I was on the Star last week. If I remember correctly, there was CNN, TNT, TCM, ESPN and NCL's 2 movie channels. The movies were maybe a bunch of 6 and they were rotated all week between the 2 channels.

In the Lion's Head pub, they had sports on all the time. I don't know if it was just ESPN or something else. But, there was definitely no CBS. So, the hubby may be out of luck for the Alabama game.

LOL.. I kind of thought maybe the room stewards had something to do with it and were getting a great laugh out of it.. heheheheh

When we were in Europe it was worst.....4-6 movie channels with Pirates of the Caribbean playing in 5 languages.:eek: :eek: :eek: AAAHHHHHH

At one point I found myself watching Seinfield in french:confused:

I was on the Star last week and there were only four channels. I got so sick of the stuff on CNN and believe it or not, one of the movies I saw one year ago was still playing on The Star. Norwegian should improve their TV and movie selection. There are not enough activities on board the day at sea, so some people resort to the TV.

Can you say TiVO?

Archived