Guadeloupe???

Vols4Cruising

Help! My DH and I are going to be on the Maasdam in 36 days (not that we are counting =) and wanted to find something to do here that is NOT through the cruiseline. Any recommendations of what you can't miss? We prefer organized activies, as we are not so good with wandering on our own, and we don't care about spending a lot of time on the beach. Thanks!

Help! My DH and I are going to be on the Maasdam in 36 days (not that we are counting =) and wanted to find something to do here that is NOT through the cruiseline. Any recommendations of what you can't miss? We prefer organized activies, as we are not so good with wandering on our own, and we don't care about spending a lot of time on the beach. Thanks!

Leaving on Nov 21st, also interested in what to do. Not much info on this port.

I was there three years ago. The ship docks right in the middle of the town. The town itself isn't particular interesting but you should take an hour and just wander around the narrow streets and look in the show windoes. Make a point of stopping at a patisserie and have a coffee and a piece of cake you've never had before. The pastries are the type you would find in France. I had a fluffy pastry with plums and whipped cream on top that was amazing. I bought a baguette and it took back to the ship, got some cold cuts at the buffet, and had a delicious lunch. I, and three other passengers, hired a cab to take us for a 2-hour drive around the island. I think it was about $40 each. Once you get out of the town, it is quite beautiful with lush trees and streams. The cab driver was excellent in describing the island, its history, etc. He had a very thick French accent so you have to listen carefully. All in all, it was a nice stop but nothing special; something new to see and another language (French) to enjoy. I found the people quite friendly.

Archived