Upgrade Fairy Kissed Us

AFT_LOVER

We booked a year ago and we have no extra fuel charges. If we get upgraded or have an upsell will they then charge us the fuel surcharges because it is like a new booking? We are going to SA and currently have a BD Aft cabin. I looked on the website and the current fuel surcharge is around 150.00 pp. We are one month away from final payment.

No, you won't get charged for the Fuel Surcharge for taking an Upsell or Upgrade ... it's all under the same booking number.

you were upgraded without asking?

Curious,

Rita

Even if the booking number is the same, if a guests asks for a change to a reservation they will up the fuel charge. On a free upgrade no but the booking number is not the key.

We upgraded from BA to AF and were charged the difference in fuel charge.

When we booked it was $9/per day, we were charged on final payment $11/per day.

Still, the mini was about $400/pp less than when we first booked the BA, so we're still happy with the deal.

Prices are dropping like crazy on certain sailings:eek: - I'm checking daily for more drops on our April 09 cruise but pricing on suite categories is staying constant (at least on our particular cruise).

There's a 19-day Sun cruise right now from SF to SA and (IIRC) either an AD or AE was priced at $2659 the other night - the ship departs beginning of November and DH isn't able to take vacation then but OMG - we'd be all over that if we could!

Congrats to all who benefitted from recent price drops and upgrades!

Prices are dropping like crazy on certain sailings:eek: - I'm checking daily for more drops on our April 09 cruise but pricing on suite categories is staying constant (at least on our particular cruise).

There's a 19-day Sun cruise right now from SF to SA and (IIRC) either an AD or AE was priced at $2659 the other night - the ship departs beginning of November and DH isn't able to take vacation then but OMG - we'd be all over that if we could!

Congrats to all who benefitted from recent price drops and upgrades!

Are you on an April '09 sailing? Maybe we should start a roll call. :rolleyes:

PE

Are you on an April '09 sailing? Maybe we should start a roll call. :rolleyes:

PE

Hey PE - I don't know about you but I'm opting out of that particular roll call.....It's too OTT for me. I'm usually an active poster on rollcalls but not this time around.

I wonder if it's against cc rules to start a second roll call thread for the same sailing? Could make for an interesting M&G, yes?

Hey PE - I don't know about you but I'm opting out of that particular roll call.....It's too OTT for me. I'm usually an active poster on rollcalls but not this time around.

I wonder if it's against cc rules to start a second roll call thread for the same sailing? Could make for an interesting M&G, yes?

I have opted out also. Too much drama for my taste and I did not deserve the "attack" for just asking a question.

If we start another roll call, it will just get merged with the existing one. As we get closer we can figure a place to meet for a sail away cocktail and formally meet face to face.

PE

so I was told to take sticky labels to cover the number on my tag and then put the large floor number with stateroom # under it. So we did. Now maybe this will get us another upgrade to a suite in 2 weeks til we sail. Then I will haver to use new labels again for a ticker tag. :-)

We too got upgraded from is balcony to mini-suite, but did not receive new luggage tags. Did any of you? I know I can go on line and print them. Has anyone had problems with printed tags since they are not color coded?

I have opted out also. Too much drama for my taste and I did not deserve the "attack" for just asking a question.

If we start another roll call' date=' it will just get merged with the existing one. As we get closer we can figure a place to meet for a sail away cocktail and formally meet face to face.

PE[/quote']

That works for me (DH's idea of a great vacation is just to show up where I tell him to show up - I'm the planner):D . I'll be watching for your review of your upcoming cruise. As for April 09 cruise, excursions are already booked (two NCL and 1 private) so now it's just about waiting 6 months for it to get here!

I was checking prices today on our Jan 09 cruise and noticed prices on the mini had dropped significantly so I call NCL. They said yep your right looks like we owe you, so I got $590 off. Made DH really happy.

Had my mom call and she saved $197.

So it was a good day in our family today.:)

Prices on my January Dawn Cruise dropped last week.

I had originally booked a category G, directly with NCL.

I was able change my booking to a to a BD balcony (guarantee) for an additional 120.00 for the two of us

It sounds like some recent Dawn cruisers have had good luck with cabin assignments. I don't have any unrealistice expectations about final cabin assignment, but of course if the upgrade fairy was around right now, I would be jumping up and down saying "pick me..oh please pick me!!!"

We just received another BD guarantee to AF mini-suite upgrade for free. This time it is for our Pearl cruise for next April.

PE

WOO HOO - congrats! Now, if they'd drop price on the AD suites I'd be a happy camper. Of course, if you're reading this NCL, you can upgrade me to an A4 or A3 at no cost because I'm such a nice person:D , then you can upsell someone in an AF and then upsell the AF! Hello NCL - are you listening????

WOO HOO - congrats! Now, if they'd drop price on the AD suites I'd be a happy camper. Of course, if you're reading this NCL, you can upgrade me to an A4 or A3 at no cost because I'm such a nice person:D , then you can upsell someone in an AF and then upsell the AF! Hello NCL - are you listening????

Me personally I want an upsell to an AC in either #10000 or #10500. These to me are the best value on the ship.

PE

We just received another BD guarantee to AF mini-suite upgrade for free. This time it is for our Pearl cruise for next April.

PE

Congrats PE. I know you and Rumncoke will have a great cruise.

I got an email today and had a terrible time trying to get through to the consultant. I did get as far as leave a message. Do the upsells usually sell out that afternoon, that if you don't make the decision when you are on the phone, you will not get a second chance? I don't think there were many rooms available. It was an AB. I am sort of bummed but yet okay to have saved the extra money. What an opportunity it would have been.

Archived