Upgrade Fairy Kissed Us

AFT_LOVER

It is not really a "free" upgrade. The prices have dropped to the point that the mini was the same price as the balcony was awhile back.

I got the same deal on my upcoming Dawn cruise. BD guarantee to a mini-suite for no extra dollars.

PE

I got the same deal too... way to be a buzz kill. lol

We are on 10/'18 Jewel to Boston then onto Canada, but we could go warmer if weather attacks them as hurricanes have. SO we are packing half cold & half warm clothes.

This was a great surprise from NCL. Hope others get it also since many cancelled with the bad weather that keeps going up there.

It sounds like a step in the right direction - free is always good!! When is your cruise?

I had booked an inside guaranty cabin at a great price on the Jade leaving Istanbul on October 13, 2008 and my luggage tags arrived in the mail showing my category N inside cabin on the 4th deck (lowest of the low!). To my pleasant surprise, I re-checked my reservation and discovered that I have now been upgraded from category N to category J and am now in an inside cabin on the 8th deck. Thank you so much NCL. More importantly, I have taken 4 NCL cruises in a row and have concluded that, for price and itinerary, NCL cannot be beat. Yes they are not perfect but, in my mind, remain a wonderfully competitive option and I hope they survive the upcoming cruise line over-capacity shakeout.

We booked through CAS. We called NCL to see what we would get if we booked through them and it was still higher, even with the sale. I am happy where I am anyway but thought I might be able to get a mini instead of a BA out of the deal Oh well.

Congrats on all of your upgrades!:)

There are no Dawn aft mini-suites. There are some BA's and real suites.

I wish they had Aft mini's on the Dawn! Did an Aft mini on the Gem in April and it was great. Actually checked out the Romance Suites. I would love to book one of those but my wallet says otherwise:o

I'm just happy to be on a ship! (but I wish the fairy would call!)

I wish they had Aft mini's on the Dawn! Did an Aft mini on the Gem in April and it was great. Actually checked out the Romance Suites. I would love to book one of those but my wallet says otherwise:o

I'm just happy to be on a ship! (but I wish the fairy would call!)

I noticed the Jewel has aft mini's as well.

Last April on the Dawn I was all excited to get one of those coveted BA aft rooms. I was sure we'd get an upsell, which we didn't. I don't think I spent two hours on the balcony during the whole cruise. I guess I just wanted to be like everyone else.:)

We booked a year ago and we have no extra fuel charges. If we get upgraded or have an upsell will they then charge us the fuel surcharges because it is like a new booking? We are going to SA and currently have a BD Aft cabin. I looked on the website and the current fuel surcharge is around 150.00 pp. We are one month away from final payment.

Archived