Cozumel Bar Hop Bus

gracie65

I did the bar hop this past September and had a great time!

Maria was our guide and she was so warm and always making sure that everyone was having a great time!

2197875110100919633S600x600Q85.jpg

Each bar has it own style. We had shots at each and the pricing on the drinks were great!

By the third stop, everyone were really enjoying themselves!

I just have to say "GRASSHOPPER WAR" on the bus was fun :D:D

The shots were a nice portion and will kick a punch later! Here at the Rasta bar shots with a smile!

2106045290100919633S600x600Q85.jpg

If you want to eat, order when first arriving at the bar. I really enjoyed the coconut shrimp at Rasta's and wish I had some now! They were so yummy!

2472684580100919633S600x600Q85.jpg

Not counting the tip for Maria and the bus driver, I spent under $50. I only purchased drinks at Playa Bonita and Rasta's, shared on a nacho at Playa Bonita and the coconut shrimp at Rasta's.

While you really can't swim on the east side, the beach views are still stunning.

I went as a solo person,but was ask to join others and had a great time!

Even if you are not a drinker, it's still a fun tour.

Only bad part is those shots and too drinks caught up with me later! After that Carnival lost money on me because I didn't want to drink anymore!

I can see myself doing this tour again!

One of the best tours of Cozumel!!!

I was scheduled to do the bar hop last week, but due to hurricane Rina we missed the port of Cozumel. I'm happy to report that within three days my deposit had already been refunded. That's quality customer service! Not sure when I'll have the chance to visit Cozumel again, but you can bet I'll be scheduling the bar hop!

I can understand Calmpets!

The first time I was booked on the bar hop, port changed because of a hurricane.

The second time was due to the Swine flu and my port was changed.

Each time, Tom quickly refund my deposit.

I finally got to do the hop this year and was so glad!

My husband and I are booked on the Cozumel Bar Hop for Weds. the 14th.This will be our second cruise on the Legend, but we love the ship and want to try some excursions this time around. Last time we mostly stayed in the port areas. Hope there will be enough people to complete the bar hop tour?

We (four of us) did the bar hop tour last week with Colleen - It was a blast! - Colleen is very sweet & knowledgeable - and we enjoyed all of the stops. The free shots were a bonus ~ It was a highlight of our trip - - - I'll be doing it again! -

enester

It looks like a great way to see different spots on the Island with a fun bunch of people. Our fingers are crossed that we get enough people interested so we get to go!!!

Talk it up on the roll call thread for your cruise - post a link to this thread and to the bar hop website. Find out what other ships will also be calling at Cozumel that day and "visit" those roll calls too.

As for what time the tour starts, Tom schedules it to fit within the port times for the ship(s) that day's hoppers are on. For example, last week our tour met up at 11:15 ship time (10:15 Cozumel time).

Just got back from a 5 night on the RCCL Jewel of the Seas. The Bar Hop Tour was the best excursion we have done out of all of our cruises. Tom was there to welcome us and get us started, and then turned us over to 2 very capable and professional guides. Each of the 4 bars were unique and very scenic. We highly recommend this tour for all, drinkers and non-drinkers.

Talk it up on the roll call thread for your cruise - post a link to this thread and to the bar hop website. Find out what other ships will also be calling at Cozumel that day and "visit" those roll calls too.

As for what time the tour starts, Tom schedules it to fit within the port times for the ship(s) that day's hoppers are on. For example, last week our tour met up at 11:15 ship time (10:15 Cozumel time).

KroozFoolz, thanks! That's a great idea!

Went on this excursion Nov. 18 and it was great... We had 27 passengers which helped to make it alot more fun. Our group was large because several of us on our roll calls and put in an effort to post the link and beggin people to sign on with us. Trust me its alot more fun with a big group ... The views are worth it all ...

It looks like a great way to see different spots on the Island with a fun bunch of people. Our fingers are crossed that we get enough people interested so we get to go!!!

We found people on another ship's roll call (in port the same day).

Expect to pay tourist prices for the drinks and food even though you're visiting the local hangout spots. It was a lot of fun and we met some really fun people. We would definitely recommend this tour!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

We did this tour in October. While staying in Playa we heard about this tour from some other guests at the resort we were staying out. So we sent an e mail to their website cozumelbarhop.com. Our e mail was answered very quickly and within two days we were doing the bar hop.

We were met on time at the meeting spot. It is a good idea to exchange your dollars for pesos... you get more "bang" for your buck.

The scenery is beautiful and our busload of people were alot of fun. I am a beer drinker and I think beer was between $2.50 to $3.00, and my hubby who is more of a cocktailer was paying around $6.00 per drink (mighty strong might I add).

The coconut shrimp is absolutely out of this world. Next time we head back to Playa or Cozumel is will for sure do the hop again.

Well I have paid my dues, it took me 2 days but I read all 41 pages of this thread! :eek: A big thanks to everyone who took the time to post pictures and give their reviews. I am 100% sold on this bar hop, and plan to do it in November of this year when I'm on port on NCL Dawn! :D

I am 100% sold on this bar hop

Me too ... we booked! Did a bar hop bus in Negril in November and it was one of the best days we had. There are some great reviews and pictures of the Cozumel Bar Hop Tour on TA.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g150809-d1788364-Reviews-Cozumel_Bar_Hop_Tour-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

Any bars on the tour have beach access to take a short swim?

I was wondering about this as well....I am torn between the Bar Hop and going to the beach. I like the Bar Hop because it sounds like so much fun and looks beautiful, but I would like to get a quick swim in as well.

Hi all. From what I have read this tour sounds like a great way to visit the "wild" side of Cozumel. But I have a few ?'s.

1) Is there time to take a quick dip at any of the stops on this tour?

2) How about ordering lunch, if there are a lot of people on the tour will the food be ready before the bus leaves?

3) Any "don't want to miss" recommendations for what to eat/drink at any of the stops?

4) Wife does not drink alcohol (diabetic), do I get her free shot at each bar? If so, I may not remember this tour at all!:D:D:D

Any other tips appreciated. THANKS!

Hi all. From what I have read this tour sounds like a great way to visit the "wild" side of Cozumel. But I have a few ?'s.

Yes. You have about 45 minutes at most stops and a little more time at the last stop if I remember correctly. You have plenty of time to explore although you won't want to take a dip in the ocean at any of the places they stop as this is the eastern side and very rough.

2) How about ordering lunch, if there are a lot of people on the tour will the food be ready before the bus leaves?

I didn't order food but saw a few do so. There was one place where they stayed a little longer and suggested this is where you might want to order food if you wanted. I don't remember where this was but it's not a problem.

3) Any "don't want to miss" recommendations for what to eat/drink at any of the stops?

I just drank bottled beer so can't comment on this.

4) Wife does not drink alcohol (diabetic), do I get her free shot at each bar? If so, I may not remember this tour at all!:D:D:D

The shots were poured when we got to the bar so I'm sure you could take hers if you wished but wouldn't have to.

I love this tour and plan on doing it again in May (if we're able to get the minimum number of people wanting to go). Enjoy!

Hi!

Scroll down the Cozumel thread and you will come across an ongoing thread about the bar hop.

I took it in September and had a blast!

The east side of the island is not really a great place to swim in the ocean. There is a pool at the first stop and at one of the other bar, an area to take a quick swim. But you have to do this right when you arrive.

If you want to order food, do it once you arrive!! I loved the coconut shrimp at Rasta's!

I can't tell you if they have non alcohol shots, check with Tom with an email.

But the juices and non alcohol drink prices are great.

Take the tour, we had non drinkers on my tour and they had a great time!

The only stop where there is not beach access is Coconuts, the second stop.

IMO, the best beach stop is the first stop, at Punta Morena. Here are some pictures from our stop there in November 2010. Since then, they have added a nice pool. (Haven't uploaded my pictures from our last visit in November 2011. :o)

2704118720101116058S600x600Q85.jpg

2757156080101116058S600x600Q85.jpg

Beach at third stop, Playa Bonita:

2654583230101116058S600x600Q85.jpg

Beach at final stop, Rasta's:

2720017700101116058S600x600Q85.jpg

yes, there is beach access at every stop except the second one, Coconuts - imo, the best beach stop is the first one, Punta Moreno - just be careful, this is the "wild side"

yes, the guide will tell you to order food as soon as you get there

food - Coconuts - guacomole, salsa and chips

Playa Bonita - ceviche

Rasta's - coconut shrimp

drinks - I thought the best (they were all good :D) "house shot" was the Iguana at Rasta's. DH liked the local beer at Coconuts.

yes

This is a great tour!!!

Archived