Cozumel Bar Hop Bus

gracie65

Just got back today from the Oasis. Went on the bar hop on June 14th. Had a great time. Colleen was our hostess and Carlos was our driver. It went just like I was told in the Email. We docked at the International pier and took a taxi to the starbucks across from the PUNTA LANGOSTA Pier. If the driver does not understand or know where Starbucks is, they will know Punta Langosta. It is just straight down the road a ways from the International Pier. If you land at Punta Langosta, you just have to walk to the shopping center across the street. The taxi ride should cost only $7 U.S. for up to 4 passengers. There some nice t-shirt shops and even a small Hard Rock Cafe in the shopping center where the Starbucks is located so if you get there early you can do a little shopping.

The tour itself was wonderful. Saw parts of the island that tourists don't often get to. The views were amazing. Everyone was wonderful, no language problems, no worries about the food or ice (the use purified water). We had tacos at one stop, Fajitas at another. Totaly different than American versions. Totaly delicious. Each bar even had slightly different versions of Salsa - all good. Bring plenty of cash, no credit cards. You will need cash to finish paying for the tour, and some for a tip for your guide and your driver (totaly optional but appreciated and definately earned). You will also need cash for food and drinks and any souveniers you may want to buy. My wife and I spent about $200 in total, including food, drinks, taxis, tips, t-shirts, etc. $25 a bar is probably a good estimate depending on eating and how much you may want to drink. they will take american dollars but most prices are posted in pesos. I think that the beers run about $3 or $4 apiece. I think the exchange rate was about 13.9 pesos to 1 dollar, so beef fajitas at one place was about $12 U.S, but fed two of us. We had a great time, learned a lot about the local culture and saw some of the most beautiful views ever. We would definately not hesitate to do it again.

Did the bar hop in Nov and have just emailed again to do it on July 20th-sailing on Allure. It is truly a great excursion. You can drink as little or as much as you'd like. Each beach is different with beautiful views. Fun day seeing an uncommercialized part of the island. I highly recommend it. Even for those non drinkers.

It is my understanding that all the bars serve food (I know Coconuts, Playa Bonita, and Rasta's do - and I think Punta Morena does as well).

Here is the menu from Coconuts (from November 2010 so prices have probably changed):

2631604710101116058S600x600Q85.jpg

I 've got the same picture from March of this year. I have to find it to check the prices, but I do know Today's Speical is still the same.

• 2 weeks later...

We are going back to Coz in October on CCL Triumph..Ship is scheduled for 8-3, probably Tx time.We want to see the east side, but are a little fearful of not getting a cab back easily, so we are considering the Bar Hop.. How is it ? And would we have enough time ? Their web site says 5 hrs.. Looks like it would cut it close..

Hopefully, someone who has been there will respond to our question..

I would like to do this tour, but my concern is the time. We'll be on the Carnival Imagination in January and in port from 7am-3pm. Has anyone done such a time time frame like that before?

Thank You!

Don't rely on someone on here possibly giving you the wrong info. Just go to their website conzumelbarhop.com and get thier contact info and discuss it with them. They will be able to tell you exactly what to expect and their schedule.

Don't rely on someone on here possibly giving you the wrong info. Just go to their website conzumelbarhop.com and get thier contact info and discuss it with them. They will be able to tell you exactly what to expect and their schedule.

I emailed them a week ago and got no response from them. I checked my spam folder and nothing there....

Thanks, I tried a week ago, no answer.

To anyone who has been on the Bar Hop tour, our ship is there from 8 am till 3 pm..The tour says 5 hours..Will this work for us? . The live chat person said meeting time is 8:30 , but on tour description , it states 10:30..Did you like the tour ? I mainly have a fear of getting back to the ship on time.

To anyone who has been on the Bar Hop tour, our ship is there from 8 am till 3 pm..The tour says 5 hours..Will this work for us? . The live chat person said meeting time is 8:30 , but on tour description , it states 10:30..Did you like the tour ? I mainly have a fear of getting back to the ship on time.

Hi! I did the Bar Hop on April 4/12 and our ship docked from 10 - 6. Meeting time was 10:30 for us but from what I read previous to my hop, the start & return time is based on when the cruise ships dock and leave. The bus will take you to the port where your ship is located. My sisters & I had a fabulous time and I would definitely recommend it. :)

We are going back to Coz in October on CCL Triumph..Ship is scheduled for 8-3, probably Tx time.We want to see the east side, but are a little fearful of not getting a cab back easily, so we are considering the Bar Hop.. How is it ? And would we have enough time ? Their web site says 5 hrs.. Looks like it would cut it close..

They dropped us at the cab stand by the pier. Don't forget to tip, you might be tipsy and forget!!:eek:

They won't be late getting you back. If that happened they'd lose business.

• 2 weeks later...

I have done the bar hop 3 times already and looking to book it on our up coming cruise in Sept or Oct(still trying to decide which cruise to book) anyhow, the tour will make sure you get back to your ship in plenty of time to even do a little bit of shopping before boarding. I would recommend the bar hop over and over. The East Side of the island is amazing! The bars that you will go to are all very nice, with yummy shots, out of this world food(shrimp tacos at Rastas..yummm)..Massages at several of the stops, hammocks, beach chairs to chill out and have a beer or two :p

It is an awesome excursion! Worth everyt penny!! We have been several times and have met some really great friends! Infact we are meeting friends in Orlando in August that we met on the bar hop last October!

You will NOT be disappointed! We just booked for our Sept 13 sailing! As always looking forward to a great time!! And just as the other posters mentioned....no worries they will absolutely have you back in plenty of time to get on your ship withough rushing!!!! This is not their first rodeo...they have this process down pact!!!

I love bringing people that have not done this excursion yet.....never fail GREAT time!!!:D

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I ... and a crew of new friends... went on the Bar Hop in June! It was quite possibly one of the coolest things we did on our entire trip! Colleen was AWESOME!! The food was AMAZING!! The drinks were the best I've EVER had!! (especially the Bahama Mama at the first stop!) We had such a great time that I'm taking a trip in December with my girlfriends and I'm signing us all up for the Bar Hop!! We can't wait!!

Here are some pics from our Hop in June!

AndyandMe-HUGEDRINK2.jpg

GirlsatCoconuts-ThePresidentJeffandkimBasinger.jpg

Lunchonthebeach-BarHopGroupPic.jpg

GroupPic-OutsideoftheBus.jpg

BarHop-OntheBus.jpg

Is there any opportunity to walk the beach at all.

What's it like on the other side of the island. Google maps looks like there is a huge beach on the north west tip of the island.

You have tons of time to walk the beach at 3 of the four stops. One is on a cliff sooo beach walking might be a tad bit tricky there lol. The other stops you can walk till youre weak. Your guide will shout/signal when its time to get back and move on to the next stop.

Is there any opportunity to walk the beach at all.

What's it like on the other side of the island. Google maps looks like there is a huge beach on the north west tip of the island.

Here are a couple of photos...it's very rustic on the East side...no electricity to speak of and the ocean is active. I loved seeing that part of the island where it's not filled with tourists and traps. These are really cool bars, especially Coconuts!

The beach at Rasta's

100_2218.jpg

100_2216.jpg

The view from Coconuts (up on a cliff)

100_2229.jpg

100_2226.jpg

100_2222.jpg

I forgot the name of this bar...it was our last stop...LOL!

100_2238.jpg

It was a great day! We had such a large group that they had to use 2 busses...was so much fun!

Archived