Ceramic model of Pacific Dawn

Having returned from W826 last week, my 14 yr old son was disappointed that he was not able to buy the ceramic model of the Pacific Dawn (normally retails for $9.95). He bought the model of the Pacific Sun during our 2006 cruise & wanted to add PD to his collection (this is just the beginning of our collection, hopefully it will grow). He was told by the salesman that they were getting more on board on the morning of our return to Sydney - little help that was to him.

On the 2nd last day, a sea day, there was a sale outside one of the shops and selling for $2.95 (a bargain) was a ceramic model of the Pacific Star. He bought that, although we've never been on it, as he wanted some model to bring home with him.

This is a big ask, but would anyone have a spare PD model that you'd be willing to sell? Or is anyone going on the PD that could buy one for me? I'd love to put one in his Xmas stocking as he won't be expecting to receive one.

If there are any takers, please let me know & I'll forward you my email address.

Thanks,

PAC

Hi PAC

I'm sorry your son wasn't able to get his model of the ship.....I was talking to one of the girls in the shop and she said a large delivery hadn't made it to the dock for our cruise, and unfortunatly they just have to wait for the next one to pick it up. I really wanted some keyrings of the Dawn and also a Dawn magnet, but was unable to. Hopefully I will be able to get them on our next cruise in May

If I was going on our next cruise before Xmas I would try to help you out , but maybe someone else here can. Goodluck with your request!!!!:)

Hi PAC,

I am going in 5 weeks, is that early enough?? I can post it to you with TLC (bubble wrapped and boxed with love). :)

Sonya,

As long as I could receive it in time for Christmas, that would be great! Please email me at dom38s@optusnet.com.au & I can give you further details.

Thanks so much!!!

In much appreciation,

PAC

P.S. Do you have a large enough suitcase to take me with you (he! he! he!)

Hi PAC

I'm sorry your son wasn't able to get his model of the ship.....I was talking to one of the girls in the shop and she said a large delivery hadn't made it to the dock for our cruise, and unfortunatly they just have to wait for the next one to pick it up. I really wanted some keyrings of the Dawn and also a Dawn magnet, but was unable to. Hopefully I will be able to get them on our next cruise in May

If I was going on our next cruise before Xmas I would try to help you out , but maybe someone else here can. Goodluck with your request!!!!:)

Marg,

Thanks so much for offering! I also noticed there were no magnets as I bought one of the Pacific Sun previously, but seeing my fridge is overloaded with magnets, I was happy to give it a miss this time. One great thing I did buy on the Pacific Sun, which wasn't available on the Dawn was a Pacific Sun note pad, in a holder, with a magnet on the back which sits on the fridge. Great for shopping lists.

Cheers,

PAC

Sonya,

As long as I could receive it in time for Christmas, that would be great! Please email me at dom38s@optusnet.com.au & I can give you further details.

Thanks so much!!!

In much appreciation,

PAC

P.S. Do you have a large enough suitcase to take me with you (he! he! he!)

He will definitely get it in time for Christmas, I come back home on the 16th of November so I would post it to you the very next day.

As for a big enough suitcase, no I don't unfortunately, I could possibly pack you in my carry on but that would be it as I haven't bought my formal dress yet and am unsure as to how much room I will need in the suitcase for the darned thing. As I have now lost nearly 16 Kg in the last 5 months, I would like to fit into something hot and slinky but long which is proving to be elusive at the price I want to pay which is $100 (dress I tried on on Friday was red, halter neck and $250, too much).

Will email you.

He will definitely get it in time for Christmas, I come back home on the 16th of November so I would post it to you the very next day.

As for a big enough suitcase, no I don't unfortunately, I could possibly pack you in my carry on but that would be it as I haven't bought my formal dress yet and am unsure as to how much room I will need in the suitcase for the darned thing. As I have now lost nearly 16 Kg in the last 5 months, I would like to fit into something hot and slinky but long which is proving to be elusive at the price I want to pay which is $100 (dress I tried on on Friday was red, halter neck and $250, too much).

Will email you.

Congratulations on losing so much weight! I tried & lost about 5 kgs before the cruise and put back 3kg from enjoying all that was on offer! By the 5th day we stopped going to afternoon tea as I felt we were eating our way to Fiji.

Looking forward to receiving your email.

Cheers,

PAC:o

Don't tell me that, I was hoping to enjoy my cruise lol :D

I figured I would enjoy small "tasters" of everything but then walk the 5Km around all of the decks to compensate ;) Figured that way I could have my cake and eat it too :p

Have emailed you already.

Thanks for the congrats, it has been sheer hard work, exercise and Weight Watchers!

Don't tell me that, I was hoping to enjoy my cruise lol :D

I figured I would enjoy small "tasters" of everything but then walk the 5Km around all of the decks to compensate ;) Figured that way I could have my cake and eat it too :p

Have emailed you already.

Thanks for the congrats, it has been sheer hard work, exercise and Weight Watchers!

Yes, we all have good intentions to go on the walking/running track, but after the first day all our good intentions went out the window. But seriously, if you stick to your guns, you'll do what you set out to do. I just don't have much willpower & I enjoyed myself to the hilt.

Thanks for your email, I've replied.

Cheers,

PAC:D

Yes, we all have good intentions to go on the walking/running track, but after the first day all our good intentions went out the window. But seriously, if you stick to your guns, you'll do what you set out to do. I just don't have much willpower & I enjoyed myself to the hilt.

Thanks for your email, I've replied.

Cheers,

PAC:D

Well I have to be strict otherwise when I come back from the trip I will get ribbed about it by one of the guys who is going on the cruise just before ours with his wife (who also goes to Weight Watchers) about how much weight I've put on so I need to be disciplined lol.

I've replied to your email!

Add some dancing in the dome and snorkelling at the islands to burn those calories too

I was planning on it already ;) I figured if I kick up my heels every night of the cruise, any calorie that so much as even dares goes near my hips will be blasted into oblivion as I shake my booty around! :D

I plan on taking Miss 10's blow up lounge for the snorkelling too!! :D

wow sonya good on you!! i am also losing, working hard at the gym and watching what i eat.......I will cruise 3 weeks after you so let me know any weight maintenance tips you know of while on board....i already know I won't be using the lift and hoping to use the gym there

Already settled that I will be buying one and getting it to her. The postage will be nothing if PAC replies to my email about picking it up from me at our hotel in Sydney on the day we return. So problem solved.

Sonya

I have the collectors item..Pacific Dawn in the Regal Princess mode, which I bought for $5 on the final 'Regal Princess Cruise, last year, before rebirth as PD. AND I am not selling it! They were selling out all Regal Princess stuff at 75% off, shirts, models, glasses, mugs, fridge magnets..the lot.:D

Hi PAC

Marg, I know may's a long way off, but if we asked you very nicely, and kept reminding you, do you think you could get us a model and a couple of fridge magnets, if they have them, when you're on board Pacific Dawn again in May?? We were very disappointed with the range of Pacific Dawn branded merchandise on the cruise.

Suprised to hear about the stock not arriving - John (the lovely British guy who worked in the boutique) didn't mention it when we asked him about the magnets and model.... But then he was just diappointed that he was going to be spending his birthday (on the cruise following ours)doing stock take, and being jealous that I got Port Denarau and Hard Rock Cafe for my birthday and all he was going to get was Poum, and he wasn't even going to be able to get off the ship and "enjoy it" anyway.

Ta

Kym

Hi Kym,

Do you want me to do the same for you as I am doing for Maria (aka PAC)?

I could buy them when we leave in 4 weeks and ship them off to you as soon as I get back.

Let me know if you want to, my email address is sonyacarbone at hotmail dot com

Marg, I know may's a long way off, but if we asked you very nicely, and kept reminding you, do you think you could get us a model and a couple of fridge magnets, if they have them, when you're on board Pacific Dawn again in May?? We were very disappointed with the range of Pacific Dawn branded merchandise on the cruise.

Suprised to hear about the stock not arriving - John (the lovely British guy who worked in the boutique) didn't mention it when we asked him about the magnets and model.... But then he was just diappointed that he was going to be spending his birthday (on the cruise following ours)doing stock take, and being jealous that I got Port Denarau and Hard Rock Cafe for my birthday and all he was going to get was Poum, and he wasn't even going to be able to get off the ship and "enjoy it" anyway.

Ta

Kym

Not a problem Kym.......But you will have to remind me ...........:D

It is a shame there wasn't more 'Dawn' souvenirs when we were on board. And yes, I agree John was a lovely guy, very helpful.

:) Its up to you Kym, if Sonyac can find something for you that would be good, and if not I can try something in May:)

Just thought that if I could get it to you sooner, you wouldn't have to wait so long for it. Let me know, either way I am not fussed :)

:) Its up to you Kym, if Sonyac can find something for you that would be good, and if not I can try something in May:)

Just thought that if I could get it to you sooner, you wouldn't have to wait so long for it. Let me know, either way I am not fussed :)

Hmmm, now now ladies, not battling for my attention :D

Now I'm going to have to choose who to send shopping aren't I!!! I'll sleep on it and let you know!

Archived