Dining rooms/times...Liberty

mrsfuzzmo

When we booked our cruise, we had a choice of 4 different dining times.

6:15 pm, 6:30 pm, 8:15 pm, 8:30 pm.

I am assuming the 6:15 and the 8:15 are in one of the dining rooms and the 6:30 and 8:30 are for the other.

Can anyone tell me if that's correct and which dining rooms are for what times? We booked at the 8:15 pm time slot and I was wondering which dining room we will probably be in.

Be advised that the dining to you booked is only a request. Dining times are NOT guaranteed unless you are a Platinum Member.

Having said that, out of 8 cruises, we've only missed our requested time slot 1 time.

The dining rooms are mostly assigned according to room location. If your cabin is at the front half of the ship, you'll be assigned to the dining room closer to the bow of the ship and vis versa. I think :D (80% confidant)

Unless of course you are with a group or you have your dining times "Linked" with other people. Then, everything I stated above goes out the window.

I know it's not guaranteed. I've been on many cruises. But the thing that was interesting was the "4" different times. Why is one 6:15 and on at 6:30. I thought maybe one of the dining rooms does the earlier seatings (6:15 and 8:15) and the other does the later (6:30 and 8:30).

We are aft and have linked reservations with 3 cabins total (but we are all aft).

When we booked our cruise, we had a choice of 4 different dining times.

6:15 pm, 6:30 pm, 8:15 pm, 8:30 pm.

I am assuming the 6:15 and the 8:15 are in one of the dining rooms and the 6:30 and 8:30 are for the other.

Can anyone tell me if that's correct and which dining rooms are for what times? We booked at the 8:15 pm time slot and I was wondering which dining room we will probably be in.

It will totally be up in the air at this point since they no longer offer 4 dining times. Your time will either be early seating or late seating. I believe ours was 6pm and 8:15.

Also Carnival is testing Flex Dining on the Liberty starting on my cruise, November 1st. I'm gathering you can still choose traditional (which I will) but it you want you can do Flex for the week and go anytime you want for dinner. Did this on Princess and the food and service suffered horribly...or was the food on Princess just horrible?

The dining rooms are mostly assigned according to room location. If your cabin is at the front half of the ship, you'll be assigned to the dining room closer to the bow of the ship and vis versa. I think :D (80% confidant)

Not true - have sailed twice since the time changes to only two dining times went into effect. On both the Liberty and Victory we had a room all the way forward but were assigned to the aft dining room.

Both dining rooms do each sitting, so you could end up in either one.

Archived