Good Hotels in Fort Lauderdale

Hombre59

We stayed at the Embassy Suites. We could view the entire port from our balcony! It was really cool and it had a great pool area. The hotel was delightful and reasonable.

Here is a link:

http://embassysuites1.hilton.com/en_US/es/hotel/FLLSOES/index.do

We all had a super time here. The hotel staff were also great.

have fun choosing! :)

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and were very happy. Within walking distance to a Walgreens and dining - along the trolley line for an afternoon of sightseeing - and an easy walk to the draw bridge that allows you to see the port.

They offer airport shuttles and for $7 a person, a shuttle to the cruise port.

I think that most of the hotels along 17th have only charged shuttles to the port. And the reality is that it is cheaper and quicker to take a taxi. Airport shuttles are mostly complimentary.

We've stayed at Holiday Inn Express and Marriott. Both nice properties. There are lots of choices there with plenty to do around the area.

Also, check out Bequia's blog that has a long list of hotels. Click Here For The Link

Charlie

I think that most of the hotels along 17th have only charged shuttles to the port. And the reality is that it is cheaper and quicker to take a taxi. Airport shuttles are mostly complimentary.

We've stayed at Holiday Inn Express and Marriott. Both nice properties. There are lots of choices there with plenty to do around the area.

Also, check out Bequia's blog that has a long list of hotels. Click Here For The Link

Charlie

We were going to do a taxi and the person running the desk at the hotel told us it would be almost impossible to catch a taxi in the morning so we booked the shuttle. I guess we were misguided.:( Lesson learned for next time.;)

We were going to do a taxi and the person running the desk at the hotel told us it would be almost impossible to catch a taxi in the morning so we booked the shuttle. I guess we were misguided.:( Lesson learned for next time.;)
It is a short ride and some cabbies don't like to take the trips but, we've never had a problem getting a taxi. They're swarming around the port area on sail days like ants at a picnic.

The paid shuttles aren't necessarily a bad deal. You do have to wait for them to load up everyone and they may drop off at several locations before you get to your ship. The cab ride is usually quicker and $10 + tip for 2 people.

Charlie

I've used Priceline several times for decent hotels. I got the FLL airport Sheraton, which is not right by the port, but has a free shuttle to/from the airport and is only a short taxi ride from the cruise port. Sure, there's not really anything around, but I got a room for like $60/night, so no complaints from me. I've also booked using Priceline at the Renaissance (near port) and the Marriott Harbor Beach and were happy with those bookings.

The Holiday Inn Express is very convenient on 17th St and within sight of Walgreens. For a good inexpensive dinner within walking distance try Angelos in the Harbor Shops Plaza next to the Publix supermarket. Yellow cab should be more convenient and cheaper than the hotel shuttle. Set up Yellow cab the night before at 954-777-7777. Happy cruising.

Try the Hyatt Place-it's one block from the Embassy Suites. Free airport shuttle and free shuttle to the port. We've stayed here twice and absolutely love the hotel and staff. Check out valuetrips.com for the best rates.

Can anyone tell me about the Comfort Inn Hollywood/Airport?

My friend booked it for our Feb cruise but I can't seem to find any mention of it here on the CC boards. I'm getting worried that maybe it isn't "the place" to stay.

It did get OK reviews on Trip Advisor, but I'm worried because I don't see any of the CC posters say anything about it.

Anyone have any info....good or bad.

Thanks,

Karen

Archived