Pools closed at Atlantis???

red1der1

What is the difference between the Lazy River and the Current/Rapids? Husband and I were at Atlantis on Sunday (via Comfort Suites) and made a full loop on the Current/Rapids. Did we miss something? Also, just put two and two together that the owner of Atlantis is the same as the Comfort Suites. Always wondered why the CS got Atlantis privileges.

What is the difference between the Lazy River and the Current/Rapids? Husband and I were at Atlantis on Sunday (via Comfort Suites) and made a full loop on the Current/Rapids. Did we miss something? Also, just put two and two together that the owner of Atlantis is the same as the Comfort Suites. Always wondered why the CS got Atlantis privileges.

There's a section of pools and slides between the coral towers and Beach tower with the Lazy River, Reef Lagoon, Poisiden Kids Pool etc. The section is closed at the moment.

I believe the lazy river is closed for maintenance, but the current/rapids are still open. Those pools near the Beach towers are also closed.

Uh oh! Are you serious? Yeah that's bad. Cause that means no lazy river for anyone who has kids under 48" tall. :eek:

That would seriously be enough to get me to reconsider going right now. Good thing I'm not...lol.

How long? Do you know? :(

Scubagirl - I have to ask if you are sure those pools are closed for maintenance.

I was just told on another board from someone who was there on the 21st that those pools were open. :confused:

I told them to email Atlantis directly just to make sure.

They were closed last week, haven't heard anything in the last few days. Alot of people don't know the difference between the Lazy river and the other current rides.

Beach Tower is still closed and the doors to the outside are locked.

If I hear anything more.. I'll post.

They were closed last week, haven't heard anything in the last few days. Alot of people don't know the difference between the Lazy river and the other current rides.

Beach Tower is still closed and the doors to the outside are locked.

If I hear anything more.. I'll post.

Thanks! I'll keep checking back with you.

All of these closings are more about the economy than the season - so what exactly is the "high season" for Atlantis??? I'm just wondering if there will be alot of restaurants and attractions closed while we are there the second week of January.

All of these closings are more about the economy than the season - so what exactly is the "high season" for Atlantis??? I'm just wondering if there will be alot of restaurants and attractions closed while we are there the second week of January.

January is Low Season. High Season is Spring Break (from Presidents week to the week after easter) and the holiday weeks for Thanksgiving and Xmas. Other than that.. there's shoulder and low seasons.

Even Summer is considered low season.

With more layoffs announced this week, I'm sure alot more will be either closed or limited hours. No details available.

I was at Atlantis last week and I am so glad we went.

We loved it. We rode the rapids and I love the way the rapids split off into the slides. Loved it. We had a great time.

I can't say I saw anything closed but I can't say I ventured far from the water, if the water took me there, that is where I went. I didn't walk around a lot. After walking from comfort suites over and then through the Dig, I was ready to get in the water and stay there.

I am not a huge fan of Nassau but I did really enjoy this water park and if I go back to Nassau I will do it again.

The only thing I would change is I took the water taxi and walked to Comfort Suites. Next time I will take a regular taxi to Comfort Suites, but that is all I would change.

I am so thankful for everyones input on this board, thanks, you saved me a lot of money by booking this way.

If you are coming from a cruise ship and have limited time the taxi is the way to go--will cost a little more but you want to have as much time as possible at Atlantis and the water taxi runs every 30 minutes and honestly they don't leave till it is full! There is a lot of walking at the resort so you might even want to cross the street and take the shuttle to the Royal Towers or Cove to get you closest to all the aquaventure slides etc. Or you can walk through the hotel and out to beach and wind around to aquaventure.

I would do all the water features first and leave the Dig till later particularly if your cruise leaves early--pools close at 5 as sun starts to go down about 4;45.

Nonnie1998 - thanks for the info. Did you get your passes via the Comfort Suites?

We have a party of 8 going in a couple weeks. 5 adults and three kids ages 8, 9 and 14 - - the less walking the better - -just keeping everyone together - I am sure the adults will be moving slower than the kids! lol

We own at Harborside so Atlantis is included with our ownership--We absolutely LOVE it there--we own two weeks and sometimes I also go with my brother who owns a week. He owns December and it is a great time to go==less crowds--even more so this year with the economy==but water is generally warmer than when we own in January--also many of the pools are heated then. The rapids area is heated also so if you hang out in one of the pools that open to that you are likely to have warm water.

Any young kids?? Make sure to go to back side of the Mayan Temple where the slides are smaller and there is a pool jungle gym area that is just a few years old. Used to have free Dolphin show at 4 if they still do it--used to be just two days a week--make sure to pick up the daily schedule to see what other feedings/activities are going on the days you are there.

You will love it too!

Archived