What can we do??

eaglewingks

About two weeks after you return home and get the laundry done!:)

Is there really anything that helps alleviate jet lag? We will be flying to Bangkok from the US and were wondering how long to allow for recovery!!

If I need to adjust quickly then trying to get up at a normal time and getting out into the sunlight to help reset your internal body clock. If you are tired taking a nap in the afternoon but setting your alarm so that you only sleep for one or two cycles and don't mimic night time sleep has been OK for me. G.

Is there really anything that helps alleviate jet lag? We will be flying to Bangkok from the US and were wondering how long to allow for recovery!!

We did the U.S. to Bangkok flight last year. It seems to us it depends on your age. We are in our mid-seventies and have found jet lag hits us harder now and lasts longer. Going over it took us 4 or 5 days to feel human again. Coming back it took over a week. The younger passengers appeared hardly affected. Over the years we have tried several tips, diets or suggestions to alleviate jet lag. No luck. The product No Jet Lag has been mentioned favorably on these boards. But that is one we have not tried. Others will probably respond with their favorites. Something must work, but not for us so far. Good luck.

About the 'No jet lag' medicine, is it over the counter and what exactly does it contain?

We'll be going to Asia also in a month so want to recover from the jet lag quickly!

Usually I have tryed to stay in the sun /outside, drink coffee (a lot:rolleyes: ) and take OTC sleep medicine for the night.

While my response of flying biz class may have been a bit flippant, actually we have found that flying at night and taking Tylenol PM or similar, bringing my own cashmere "blankie" all help me rest if not sleep and "hit the ground running"when we land. The most important thing is to deal with local time, ie if you are arriving at bedtime, go to bed if not, stay up as long as you can. If you are excited about the sights and sounds etc you should be stimulated enuf to stay awake as long as you dont hang out at your hotel but get out and about. Its all an adventure, after all!

-------------------

Helen

(Edited)About the 'No jet lag' medicine, is it over the counter and what exactly does it contain?

We'll be going to Asia also in a month so want to recover from the jet lag quickly!

No Jet Lag is an over the counter product. I have seen it in health food stores. I went to nojetlag.com but did not navigate to the ingredients.

It sounds good. Lots of endorsements. But then, the people who wrote the information are probably the ones who make the product.

Archived