If you want 100 shares of Carnival stock

DqALEX

I have a question maybe you all can help me out? If i buy 100 share and 100 share for my wife do we both get the obc each or is it's one per room? thank you all.

The website states "Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 7 to 13 days..." so yes it is done by stateroom. Here's the page with the link http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Once you click on the shareholder benefit it will give you all the details. If you own shares in your name and your wife owns seperate shares in her name and book two seperate staterooms you would both get the credit.

I sail about 3 to 5 times a year on CCL lines (Carnival, Princess, Cunard) and I collect the OBC on EVERY cruise. That amouts to about $300-$500 a year PLUS the dividends. Where else can you get that on 100+ shares of stock? :D

You get the $100 per room. Before the fuel surcharge, I would book a cabin for my wife and a daughter and one for myself and the other daughter. We both owned CCL stock, so each cabin got $100 in obc..

Interestingly enough, since both cabins were linked to my cc, I in the end, got the entire $200 obc. It was like it was all comingled.

Sweet! Thanks for the post. :)

I've also been considering buying more if it dips closer to the $30 point. We paid somewhere around $31 for it back in July. It went up and we could have sold it for a small profit several times. I'm not much into day trading but this stock would easily make a small profit based on recent performance if you bought in close to the $30 point. I don't worry about the day to day bounces as it seems to recover nicely. I can understand those that bought in at a much higher price being nervous (praying). I like the $100 obc and dividends it pays. Lets not forget that the $100 obc is tax free as well :D

I've also been considering buying more if it dips closer to the $30 point. We paid somewhere around $31 for it back in July. It went up and we could have sold it for a small profit several times. I'm not much into day trading but this stock would easily make a small profit based on recent performance if you bought in close to the $30 point. I don't worry about the day to day bounces as it seems to recover nicely. I can understand those that bought in at a much higher price being nervous (praying). I like the $100 obc and dividends it pays. Lets not forget that the $100 obc is tax free as well :D

I would like to buy more if it goes into the high 20s but I just booked the Carnival Dream for New Years 09. Thats why the stock went up some the other day LOL.

i have always been interested in buying stock, but dont know a thing about it or where to even get stock.

Now that carnival stock is low...i would like to look in to it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

i have always been interested in buying stock, but dont know a thing about it or where to even get stock.

Now that carnival stock is low...i would like to look in to it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I can try to answer any questions you may have.

I do ALOT of investing and trading and would be glad to help you out

if you want to post your email address, I can get in touch with you

There are a number of brokerages you can use. Try fedility.com... they probably have info on there for newbie investors.

In short, you open an account... put some money in it... and then use their Web site to purchase shares of a company you want to invest in. They will exchange your money in your account for the shares you purchase. They hold onto the shares and keep track of them for you. Pretty simple. The hard part id deciding what will be a good company to own stock in.

There are a number of brokerages you can use. Try fedility.com... they probably have info on there for newbie investors.

In short, you open an account... put some money in it... and then use their Web site to purchase shares of a company you want to invest in. They will exchange your money in your account for the shares you purchase. They hold onto the shares and keep track of them for you. Pretty simple. The hard part id deciding what will be a good company to own stock in.

I would actually recomend Scottrade

$7 to buy or sell and great research is available through them for free

I don't have the cash in my bank account to go out and buy 100 shares right now, however, I do have money in retirement accounts with Ameriprise. If I ask my financial advisor to purchase 100 shares of stock for me with the retirement funds, will that qualify as owning 100 shares and, therefore, the OBC? (Obviously, I wouldn't be receiving the dividends during the year, but my retirement account would.)

I don't have the cash in my bank account to go out and buy 100 shares right now, however, I do have money in retirement accounts with Ameriprise. If I ask my financial advisor to purchase 100 shares of stock for me with the retirement funds, will that qualify as owning 100 shares and, therefore, the OBC? (Obviously, I wouldn't be receiving the dividends during the year, but my retirement account would.)

Yes, as long as you are the owner, you would qualify to recieve the OBC as owner of the account.

Can someone explain what they send it when they ask for credit?

You can just send them a email and attach the pdf file of you last online statement from your brokerage account.

Hopefully they will answer via email to confirm it, but often dont answer when they do it, so you have to call your TA to get it confirmed or look at the online docs, page 6 will show the OBC.

Archived