If you want 100 shares of Carnival stock

DqALEX

I was one dang day to early! This morning Carnival suspends future dividends (paying this one coming up) and the stock is tanking. It's down in the 25's. Going to be a painful day for my 28 purchase price - so much for getting the OBC and getting right out!

I was one dang day to early! This morning Carnival suspends future dividends (paying this one coming up) and the stock is tanking. It's down in the 25's. Going to be a painful day for my 28 purchase price - so much for getting the OBC and getting right out!

Don't feel bad. I bought 101 shares at $41.00.

As for interline, this has to do with the pricing of the cruise - I am not sure of the details. Some here say you can not get the Stock OBC if you get this special rate, but I doubt that to be true. Certainly the posted information says nothing about it.

Well, I ended up getting my OBC for both cruises that I already had booked, but it was like pulling teeth! I had to go to my PVP, and then to a Supervisor, and then 2 other supervisor's before I finally got it. And, they did tell me that in the future, I could NOT get the OBC if I had the Inter-Line rate.

At least I got it for these up-coming cruises though!

Taking a beating this morning! They came out and said their cash is fine and didn't think suspending the dividend would cause a 6 point drop! I bought 20 minutes before the close yesterday - would have been nice to have bought 20 minutes into the open instead <lol>.:D

I have a feeling This is going to be a bad day for CCL stock. Look at the bright side This may set us up to buy more next week.

Yuk...it's at $24.34....but I'm holding mine for the long haul anyway so I"ll get mine back $100 at a time.....Dennis

I think that would be the last to go - it is an incentive for people to cruise and isn't really a payout of cash.

The OBC might be more difficult to receive with any other discount received, or they might limit shareholders to one OBC per year. Lots of options but hopefully totally eliminating it is not one of them.

I have a feeling This is going to be a bad day for CCL stock. Look at the bright side This may set us up to buy more next week.

True - but to do that, I'd have to decide which of my other stocks (that are doing fairly well) I would need to sell in order to pull that off.

Timing... timing... timing...

Tom

The OBC might be more difficult to receive with any other discount received, or they might limit shareholders to one OBC per year. Lots of options but hopefully totally eliminating it is not one of them.

So far, I've received for 4 cruises this year with 1 more to geaux.

Gonna fax that one in shortly. ;)

I'm anticipating receiving 5 OBCs next year as well, with a couple being of the $250 variety. :D

Frankly - I am not bullish enough on the economy over the next few years to hold on to CCL stock without dividends IF THEY ALSO drop the OBC!!! Too many other stocks out there that could benefit me more.

Tom

If the market tests its previous lows again I would expect one will be able to buy Carnival in the teens.

So far, I've received for 4 cruises this year with 1 more to geaux.

Gonna fax that one in shortly. ;)

I'm anticipating receiving 5 OBCs next year as well, with a couple being of the $250 variety. :D

Wow.......I'm jealous.....:) At least we might get to see your pictures.

Yuk...it's at $24.34....but I'm holding mine for the long haul anyway so I"ll get mine back $100 at a time.....Dennis

Look at it from a Return on Investment standpoint.

If you cruise twice a year you get $200 for a $2434.00 investment (100 shares) . . . that's a 8.2% ROI without any increase in equity or a dividend ! ! :)

I personally think the next YEAR or TWO is going to see that any business that relies on DISCRETIONARY SPENDING to survive is going to have difficulty. :(

Look at it from a Return on Investment standpoint.

If you cruise twice a year you get $200 for a $2434.00 investment (100 shares) . . . that's a 8.2% ROI without any increase in equity or a dividend ! ! :)

I personally think the next YEAR or TWO is going to see that any business that relies on DISCRETIONARY SPENDING to survive is going to have difficulty. :(

Tax Free!

General increase in cancellations especially in longer cruises. Bookings slightly behind although not dramatic. Constant dollar yields still ahead. Dividend suspended for at least one year.

Thanks for the info - I was trying to listen, but am at work and was very distracted. Anything else significant?

Archived