If you want 100 shares of Carnival stock

DqALEX

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Carnival took my Stockholder's OBC away!:mad:

They told me it couldn't be combined with the Interline Rate - and even though they gave it to me anyway, since I was not aware of that policy when I purchased, they have now taken it back. I sail in a week, and was excited about having $100 OBC. I am now totally bummed!!!

Carnival took my Stockholder's OBC away!:mad:

They told me it couldn't be combined with the Interline Rate - and even though they gave it to me anyway, since I was not aware of that policy when I purchased, they have now taken it back. I sail in a week, and was excited about having $100 OBC. I am now totally bummed!!!

I know your bummed, but they did the right thing. I usually get my shareholder OBC, but I once booked on an interline discounted rate due to a special meeting on board. I did not receive it then. Can't expect both and you should know that as a shareholder.

I know your bummed, but they did the right thing. I usually get my shareholder OBC, but I once booked on an interline discounted rate due to a special meeting on board. I did not receive it then. Can't expect both and you should know that as a shareholder.

Yes, I do know that now, but I didn't when I purchased the stock, and was told by my PVP that I would qualify for the OBC - so I bought it. I was given wrong information when I purchased, therefore IMHO I think they should honor the OBC this time. (probably just wishful thinking though).

Yes, I do know that now, but I didn't when I purchased the stock, and was told by my PVP that I would qualify for the OBC - so I bought it. I was given wrong information when I purchased, therefore IMHO I think they should honor the OBC this time. (probably just wishful thinking though).

I would never buy stock on the advice of a PVP. Many PVP's don't even have a clue about bookings let alone shareholder benefits. If they were to give you the benefit then myself and a lot of other stockholders would then be bummed. Be glad you have CCL as you can no longer combine shareholder OBC's with promotional OBC's on RCL. At least on CCL you can, at least for now. Don't let it spoil your cruise. You'll do fine with the stock in the long run.

You really took stock advice from a PVP? Be thankful that you didn't take that advice when the shares were over $40 or did you? No one should ever invest thousands for the purpose of hopefully saving hundreds - the math just doesn't work. Finally, just a reminder that this benefit is reviewed annually and could disappear, or did your PVP mention that.

You really took stock advice from a PVP? Be thankful that you didn't take that advice when the shares were over $40 or did you? No one should ever invest thousands for the purpose of hopefully saving hundreds - the math just doesn't work. Finally, just a reminder that this benefit is reviewed annually and could disappear, or did your PVP mention that.

Wow - I didn't know I would get blasted for making a comment!!! NO - I DID NOT TAKE STOCK ADVICE FROM MY PVP! I was considering purchasing the stock, and happened to ask my PVP a very simple question. She gave me an answer. No need to berate me or judge me for asking a simple question of someone that I have built a relationship with over the years.

CHILL!!

The math works extremely well if you buy it, get your $100, and sell it.

That's a net of $86 if you use E-trade.

Wow - I didn't know I would get blasted for making a comment!!! NO - I DID NOT TAKE STOCK ADVICE FROM MY PVP! I was considering purchasing the stock, and happened to ask my PVP a very simple question. She gave me an answer. No need to berate me or judge me for asking a simple question of someone that I have built a relationship with over the years.

CHILL!!

I just want to thank you for taking time to give advice; hope you don't quit just because some people ask for advice and then are a bit sensitive.

If you ever see a question from me; please be honest. I appreciate everyone's help on this board and will be the judge personallly if I take it or leave it but will never take offense when someone is kind enough to try and help me.

Anyone have the fax number handy that I send my proof of stock ownership to in order to get my credit? Booked yesterday and leave on Sat. Quick decision and don't want to spend time digging around for this number.

Thanks.

Anyone have the fax number handy that I send my proof of stock ownership to in order to get my credit? Booked yesterday and leave on Sat. Quick decision and don't want to spend time digging around for this number.

Thanks.

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/irol/14/140690/shareben.pdf

The math works extremely well if you buy it, get your $100, and sell it.

That's a net of $86 if you use E-trade.

The only way those #'s work is if you try to scam the system by buying, printing out a copy of your acct. and then selling. Even then, Carnival's stock has been somewhat volatile during a trading day and swings in excess of a dollar from high to low are very common during the trading day. Earlier in stock threads, I suggested that there was risk with Carnival stock, but I am now changing my thinking as the report from their last qtr. showed deep discounting for the qtr. and moving forward and major investors have absorbed that info. We may have seen the bottom when Carnival reached $14.85 and it has been showing upward stability but does seem to be trending with the market overall.

gsu_paintballer, earlier you indicated that you asked your PVP if you would get an OBC if you purchased the stock and purchased based on the PVP's answer, that is taking stock advice.

The only way those #'s work is if you try to scam the system by buying, printing out a copy of your acct. and then selling. Even then, Carnival's stock has been somewhat volatile during a trading day and swings in excess of a dollar from high to low are very common during the trading day. Earlier in stock threads, I suggested that there was risk with Carnival stock, but I am now changing my thinking as the report from their last qtr. showed deep discounting for the qtr. and moving forward and major investors have absorbed that info. We may have seen the bottom when Carnival reached $14.85 and it has been showing upward stability but does seem to be trending with the market overall.

gsu_paintballer, earlier you indicated that you asked your PVP if you would get an OBC if you purchased the stock and purchased based on the PVP's answer, that is taking stock advice.

Actually, I never said that. You're confusing me with someone else. I do appreciate your attempt to make yourself look cool though. You did, however, fail.

It's definitely gaming the system, but if you don't think people do it everyday then you are naive.

Actually, I never said that. You're confusing me with someone else. I do appreciate your attempt to make yourself look cool though. You did, however, fail.

It's definitely gaming the system, but if you don't think people do it everyday then you are naive.

Sorry that 2nd comment should have been for lharry not you. I am not suggesting that people should or should not game the system, just pointing out that even trying to buy/sell in the same day will not necessarily result in your numbers. Take for example Mar. 24th, the initial reaction to Carnival's release of quarterly results was positive and the stock spiked to a high of $24.94 but within the same day the stock was down to 23.17 and within 2 days, $22.00. My point is that even with attempting your immediate buy, print, sell strategy, there is the opportunity to lose the advantages of the obc or if the gods are smiling on the timing, increase your equity. Expecting the numbers not to vary, even within minutes is not likely.

Sorry that 2nd comment should have been for lharry not you. I am not suggesting that people should or should not game the system, just pointing out that even trying to buy/sell in the same day will not necessarily result in your numbers. Take for example Mar. 24th, the initial reaction to Carnival's release of quarterly results was positive and the stock spiked to a high of $24.94 but within the same day the stock was down to 23.17 and within 2 days, $22.00. My point is that even with attempting your immediate buy, print, sell strategy, there is the opportunity to lose the advantages of the obc or if the gods are smiling on the timing, increase your equity. Expecting the numbers not to vary, even within minutes is not likely.

if you know anything about stocks you know that you're (relatively) safe if you buy early in the morning.

Archived