If you want 100 shares of Carnival stock

DqALEX

I took the plunge on Monday and bought my 100 shares at 21.02 had been wanting to buy since last year missed out on the low 14 to 19 but thats okay am delighted to be a stock holder.

Hang on to it . . . you'll still probably double or triple your money in several years. Carnival is one of the best managed companies in the country IMHO. ;)

Looking for some help. I am sailing on the Miracle with one of the $120 obc specials that Carnival was running. We are looking to invest in some stock, can I use the stock benefit of $100 obc with my already existing special? Anyone done this yet? Thanks.

We just bought Carnival stocks and had shipboard credit as well on our recent cruise and we got both. Don't forget you must send a copy of it to carnival; do follow it up; we cruised twice in Feb. and I sent the fax for both cruises , indivually but the same day. One they received and applied; one they didn't so I had to send it a second time and then it was applied. A fabulous deal!

Looking for some help. I am sailing on the Miracle with one of the $120 obc specials that Carnival was running. We are looking to invest in some stock, can I use the stock benefit of $100 obc with my already existing special? Anyone done this yet? Thanks.

This is the official info: http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/irol/14/140690/shareben.pdf

It says certain restrictions apply, but I haven't been denied yet when combining with other discounts and using Welcome Back credit too.

I took the plunge on Monday and bought my 100 shares at 21.02 had been wanting to buy since last year missed out on the low 14 to 19 but thats okay am delighted to be a stock holder.
And as of today, you're ahead $400 without a single OBC! But the others are right - invest for the long term.

When do they vote again on the shareholders credit?

It was renewed last month for cruises through July 31, 2010.

I'm hoping that includes cruises departing on July 31, 2010 since I have one that leaves on that date!!!

I think the recent rally was a suckers' rally. I'm still holding out for $10, then I'll buy some CCL.

I wanted to bring back this comment because if the rumours about travel to Cuba for people of Cuban heritage are true, then it is only a matter of time before the regulations are relaxed for all Americans. That will dramatically change cruising in the Caribbean and probably have a very positive effect on the stocks. I don't think you will see that $10 level.

The idea that Cuba might be added to the Caribbean could explain the recent price moves. However even then there seems to be a very strong move up that can't be fully explained.

There has been an announcement that earning will be lower than originally estimated, and the dividend was taken off... this would normally mean huge moves to the upside would be impossible.

However, it is moving very strong. That usually means someone knows something...

I think it might be the 'non refundable' deposits in the early saver program.

These bookings will not be realized all in the one quarter, and might be the surprise to the upside...

Anyway, I urge caution... I might miss this run, but I am waiting until after earnings on the 15th.

The idea that Cuba might be added to the Caribbean could explain the recent price moves. However even then there seems to be a very strong move up that can't be fully explained.

There has been an announcement that earning will be lower than originally estimated, and the dividend was taken off... this would normally mean huge moves to the upside would be impossible.

However, it is moving very strong. That usually means someone knows something...

I think it might be the 'non refundable' deposits in the early saver program.

These bookings will not be realized all in the one quarter, and might be the surprise to the upside...

Anyway, I urge caution... I might miss this run, but I am waiting until after earnings on the 15th.

Even with the revenue not being realized yet, it's better to have unearned revenue than no revenue.

I wanted to bring back this comment because if the rumours about travel to Cuba for people of Cuban heritage are true, then it is only a matter of time before the regulations are relaxed for all Americans. That will dramatically change cruising in the Caribbean and probably have a very positive effect on the stocks. I don't think you will see that $10 level.

Well Zacks sort of agrees with you:

http://www.zacks.com/stock/news/19098/Benefiting+from+an+Open+Cuba

The major cruise lines, Carnival Corp. (CCL) and Royal Caribbean (RCL) would likely stand out as winners, as the companies could add a very attractive destination to their Caribbean cruise itineraries.

... on paper ... ;)

Tom

Let's see...... we bought 100 shares at $18.06. I just checked the stock and it is up to $27.67 which puts us up $961.00. Yep, I would say we made a good investment.

But, as a novice stockholder..... what next? What do we do with our stock? Just keep watching it go up and down? Do we sell? Do we hold? This was our first stock purchase so..... all you experts.... what's next?

Let's see...... we bought 100 shares at $18.06. I just checked the stock and it is up to $27.67 which puts us up $961.00. Yep, I would say we made a good investment.

But, as a novice stockholder..... what next? What do we do with our stock? Just keep watching it go up and down? Do we sell? Do we hold? This was our first stock purchase so..... all you experts.... what's next?

I think if any of us truely knew the answer to that question, we wouldn't be spending our spare time on the boards but would be busy spending all our stock market profits.

I think if any of us truely knew the answer to that question, we wouldn't be spending our spare time on the boards but would be busy spending all our stock market profits.

Yep --- I only WISH I knew when to buy and sell! It would not take much bad news for it to plummet back into the teens, but I am holding on (even though I know that there is likely plenty more BAD news to come)!!

Tom

Tom, whenever I want to torture myself, I look at your pictures. They are so nice.

Thanks - as you can imagine, it was fun taking them. I always take hundreds more than I post, and manage to have a few that turn out fairly well... though just as soon as I think mine are "good", I come across some from really talented people... I have no real clue how to adjust many of the settings on my camera!! :eek:

Tom

Two pieces of advice:

1. Never take anonymous advice from people on an internet chat board.

2. Buy more....

I keep telling my parents they're only poor on paper too :D

Wish I had the nerve to sell now, spend the profit and then rebuy.

Tom, whenever I want to torture myself, I look at your pictures. They are so nice.

Uh...if you spend your profit, you'll get back less shares.

Archived